Giving my dad a break

sharpy

Feb 10, 2015
Thanks ladies to responding to my previous post. My parents both recently moved into a residential care home so there would be more care for my mum. She goes to day care twice a week and she has people come in to look after her on a saturday for a couple of hours. Because of all the help my mum is getting my dad gets a break and gets some free time to himself to do what he wants. I live about 5mins away from them so i help whenever i can.I try and see my mum as much as possible cause dont know how long she has left, im also there for my dad even though he is a proud man and doesnt like to ask for help(he is learning to now though). Its feels good to talk to other people who understand and know what im going through :)

Dothedealnow

Account Closed
Jun 4, 2016
Contused

Sorry am confused. Your Mum is in a car home and then goes to day care? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong? Please clarify by editing by our post?

sharpy

Feb 10, 2015
Sorry am confused. Your Mum is in a car home and then goes to day care? Maybe I'm reading your post wrong? Please clarify by editing by our post?

My parents are in sheltered housing that have help on call 24/7, my mum gets help there if needed, she has someone who showers her everyday. twice a week she is taken to day care to give my dad a break.

Dothedealnow

Account Closed
Jun 4, 2016
My parents are in sheltered housing that have help on call 24/7, my mum gets help there if needed, she has someone who showers her everyday. twice a week she is taken to day care to give my dad a break.

You said residential care home which is miles away from sheltered accommodation. Now I get it!
Good to see that they are in a safe place getting the care they need. Well done, it seems the perfect solution .

Last edited:

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi sharpy
really good to read such a positive post from you - especially that your dad is learning to ask for help which will make things simpler all round for you all
thanks for sharing :)