• All threads and posts regarding Coronavirus COVID-19 can be found in our area specifically for Coronavirus COVID-19 discussion.

You can directly access this area >here<.

Giving cash to carers

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
It’s certainly a dilemma.....

As long as your Dad has capacity then really it’s his decision to make gifts as he sees fit.

However I really don’t think the carer was allowed nor should she have accepted it, I am certain it is against company policy.

What would I do....I wouldn’t speak to carer or her employer, but I would as others have said discuss it with your dad and explain to him he really shouldn’t have done it, even though it was a lovely thought, as it would get the carer into serious trouble.

MartinWL

Jun 12, 2020
I would not be too worried about this provided that it is a genuine one-off. It would be as well to check that the carer really did have her wedding the next day. If so, well a decision to give a wedding present is not such a big deal if the donor has mental capacity. Regular gifts would be quite different. I don't think other carers would reasonably be jealous unless they were also getting married.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shar1961