give up shop it has to happen

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m so sorry bel. You loved the shop. But neither of you are well enough to keep it on.
It`s not the best time for selling eoither. I wish you luck.
Love xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear bel, nothing I can say.

Only you know just how your situation is at present.
Thank you for sharing with us. We do all care. Hope the sharing helps a little.

Love 'n hugs.

citybythesea

Mar 23, 2008
coast of texas
I'm sorry

Bel,

I am so sorry....might I suggest taking your shop online...you could do it from home and it would still sort of be there for you...Just a suggestion.

HUGS

Nancy

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear bel, I'm so sorry.

You knew it was going to happen, but the final decision must have been so hard for you. I do hope your find a buyer quickly.

I hope you're feeling a bit better now -- have you had that tooth seen to?

Love,

TinaT

Sep 27, 2006
Costa Blanca Spain
Dear Bel,

I too had to give up what was not only my job, but my passion. I worked so hard to achieve and reach the position I had and it was a very hard thing to have to do. I had to give up not only the job, but another country, and another way of life so that I could care for Ken.

But my love, the relief when all the painful letting go was done, was enormous. Although there were new hurdles to climb over, at least I could concentrate properly on them.

Keep your chin up, Things will get easier for you.

xxTinaT

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I had to give up not only the job, but another country, and another way of life so that I could care for Ken.

Can so relate to that as it also happen to me with mum , & then today a Social worker ask me why I came back to UK :rolleyes:

are there other options? Leasing out the business side, perhaps?

I was wondering that also, better then giving it up completely . then in the furture if you till want to sell Go for it .

hendy

Feb 20, 2008
West Yorkshire
Dear Bel
You know what is going to be the best option. Although you love your shop, dealing with other issues like Bobs symptoms will put you under enormous pressure, if you are trying to keep the business running at a profit as well. Thinking of you.
take care
hendy
ps citybythesea's suggestion is a brilliant one! Do you feel that you could manage to run an online business?- you wouldn't have quite the overheads of a shop(and less financial pressure). If you wanted to get more info there might be a 'Business Link' in your area.

Last edited:

Kate P

Jul 6, 2007
Merseyside
Dear Bel,

I'm so sorry you're having to look at giving up your beloved shop.

My only other sugestion to add to the others is whether it would be worth getting someone in to run it for you so you no longer have to manage the day to day affairs?

{{{HUGS}}}

Take care of yourself.