Ginko Biloba

Bunpoots

Volunteer Host
Apr 1, 2016
Nottinghamshire
Welcome to Dementia Talking Point @Chris100

When I first joined coconut oil was supposed to be the miracle treatment for dementia- it made no difference but it’s nice in curries. I’m afraid there’s always some “miracle” supplement or dietary approach that’s meant to help but, sadly, never seems to.

I found the most important thing was to make sure my Dad was always well hydrated, especially in hot weather, as even slight dehydration added considerably to his confusion.

Now that you’ve found us I hope you’ll continue to post . We may not have the miracle cure we all crave but we can offer support, advice and a friendly ear whenever you need one.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello @Chris100

My husband was a big believer in alternative medicine and was taking Gingko years before his diagnosis but it did not prevent the onset of dementia.

My mother was persuaded by a pharmacist friend to take it after diagnosis and it made no difference.

I think it could act as a placebo in people who have faith in alternative medicine but that's as far as I'd go.

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021

When I first joined coconut oil was supposed to be the miracle treatment for dementia- it made no difference but it’s nice in curries. I’m afraid there’s always some “miracle” supplement or dietary approach that’s meant to help but, sadly, never seems to.

I found the most important thing was to make sure my Dad was always well hydrated, especially in hot weather, as even slight dehydration added considerably to his confusion.

Now that you’ve found us I hope you’ll continue to post . We may not have the miracle cure we all crave but we can offer support, advice and a friendly ear whenever you need one.

Chris100

Nov 19, 2021

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Paddly