Gill NELSON

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
She hasn't posted since 3rd Jan, as far as I can see. Has anyone been in touch with her? Am I wrong? Do we think she needs some extra help?

Regards

Margaret

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Margaret,
Like you I sometimes find myself worrying about TP members who haven't posted for a while. This is especially so if their circumstances are such that they may be in danger or be struggling without other help.

But TP Mods. have pointed out that it is an individual choice whether or not people post, and that we cannot really invade their privacy, no matter how good are our reasons. I accept that view point.

I have been PMed by some members when I didn't post for a long time - just asking me if I was OK. I really appreciated this very much, even though I sometimes didn't come on TP for a long period. I guess you've tried PMing her . . . . ??

Like you, I sincerely hope she has sought some help that is of use to her, and that her situation is improving.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Margaret.

One of the facts of `getting to know` people on a Forum such as this is that we usually have no contact, other than TP.

We build relationships with them, become involved with their problems but have to accept it can rarely go further.

I am in a similar position with another member who we haven`t heard of for a long time. This member was at a crisis point in her life, and I worry about her. I have sent her PMs, and as she gave me her email address [which is not usually reccommended] I have sent her an email. But I have had no reply.

She knows where I am. She knows where TP is. It is her choice. We can do no more.

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Sylvia, I've been wondering for a while about the same person (guessing here, but I'm sure I'm right).

I haven't even seen her online for ages, I do hope she's all right.

Margaret, people post here when they feel the need for support, or want some company. It's up to each of us how much we post, and if we want to take a break, that's up to us. Though of course we all worry if we know the person was in distress. But we are all anonymous, as we should be, so there's little anyone can do, apart from welcome them back, if they choose to post again.

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
I just wondered if anyone had had a Pm from her, and could just tell us that she was coping, or that things were under control, or heaven forbid that she was having more problems. Just so's we know that someone is onto it. Well, that sounds bad as well! Just concerned that she has not been left alone.

Margaret

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
She wouldn`t be left alone if she was in contact with TP or anyone on TP. There is enough integrity among members to know a cry for help when they hear it.

But TP is limited in what it can do and what it can offer. And the person in need has to come on site in the first place.

I understand your concern Margaret, and I understand your frustration.

I hope Gill gets in touch soon.

Love xx

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
Yes, you are all right. It's a bit like getting too involved with the job and taking it home with you.

I had just started to get a bit of a rapport with her, and it just went. I am scared for her, her brother was not a great support. But I suppose there is nothing I can do - or is that a get out?

Margaret

Margaret W

Apr 28, 2007
North Derbyshire
I PMd her yesterday, we shall see what transpires.

Sorry, but given the violent nature of her brother, I am just worried for her safety, and that of her mum.

Regards

Margaret