Giant leap about to happen

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
Hi,

Just received a call from mam to let me know that Gran will be leaving hospital on Thursday morning to be taken to her new home down near me.

The hospital were talking wednesday evening for discharge but mam has asked them to hold on til thursday morning, so that (a) Gran won't be weary and tired and (b) that we will have more hours in the day to spend with her there and help her orientate herself a little.

Been waiting for this day for a long time, really pleased it's happening at last. I imagine we'll hit a few stumbling blocks along the way, but we'll deal with them as we come across them!

Onward and upward!

Gill
xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Gill, that's brilliant news. You and your mam will be so much happier having your gran near you --and so will gran! Very wise to leave it till Thursday morning, it would have been very upsetting when she was tired.

I hope all goes well with the move, I'll be thinking of you. Let us know how it goes.

Love,

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
Thanks everyone, I'm delighted it's all happening at last.

Can't wait to get Gran down here with me, and out of that god awful hospital. At long last mam might be able to go to bed and sleep at night, rather than lying awake wondering if Gran's on the loose, or worse.

I'll let you all know how it goes on Thursday. Mam and my aunt are doing the move by themselves first, so that there aren't too many faces around when she lands at the home. Then when my aunt has gone, mam will let me know and I'll go across and sit with her a while.

Trying to stay positive and not think of pitfalls we'll encounter, but I'm sure you'll all have some ideas on how to combat them when we do.

Thank you everyone for your support, we're gonna need it!

Gill
xx

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Here's wishing you a smooth move. All the best and I'm sure you'll be sleeping more easily once your gran is in a safe place.

You've now jumped one of the biggest emotional hurdles, that of putting a loved one in care. It will get easier.

Love

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Gill,

This really will be a giant leap and you absolutely deserve it to go well. Your gran is so lucky to have you.

I will be thinking of you all on Thursday, with fingers crossed. I know what a relief it will be for you and your mother.

Love xx

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Gill,
I hope that everything goes really well and that gran settles in without fuss. I hope that the worry will now be over for you and your mum. Best Wishes. Taffy.:)