getting worse

jonnysmum

Jun 22, 2013
Preston,lancashire
Ive not been on here for a while as things seemed to be settling down, mum was getting used to her medication & we were all beginning to accept the diagnoses & move forwards but ... in the last few weeks mum has got worse.
I always go round about 4pm to ensure she takes her medication, make her some tea & brew & a quick tidy up etc but twice within the last 4 days mum has refused to get up, she is still in bed with her night clothes (she has always gone back to bed during the day but never not got dressed), she just says that she doesn't want to & cant be bothered & no amount of cajoling or shouting will move her. I am concerned that when she is like this she is not eating or drinking enough - I just don't know what to do!
Do I just leave her & hope that she will get up in her own time or do I insist that she gets up (upsetting mum & myself).
I'm at my wits end, I just don't know what to do any more, mum just doesn't seem to care any more, its like she has given up !!! :(

jonnysmum

Jun 22, 2013
Preston,lancashire
Hi, we have considered it & then buried our heads in the sand - mum was/is a proud & private lady & I know she would hate the help - but I do think the time has come - its tome to look in to some assistance.
Do you know what happens if my mum refuses their help & still wont get up/dressed etc?
Can they make her?