Getting support in your home during the coronavirus

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
We know that getting support from your housing provider is essential during this time. Our Programme Partnerships team is working with housing associations, landlords and estate agents to ensure people affected by dementia are getting the support they need in their home during the coronavirus.

Could you please let us know what challenges you’re having that your housing provider could help you with? We'll then pass this onto the team.
  • What challenges are you having if you’re self-isolating in your home?
  • Is there a way your landlord/housing association can help you get the food or medications you need?
  • Would you appreciate them giving you a call from time to time to have a chat? Can they help you with your isolation?
  • What else would you like to see them do?
They're are also looking to celebrate the amazing work housing providers are doing to support you, so please let us know about any positive things they’ve done too!

Thanks everyone.

nae sporran

Oct 29, 2014
Bristol
I have had the offer of help with shopping from the local authority social services via a charity, but was told one of the admin staff at our supported flat accommodation went shopping for a tenant and the cleaner has done a bit of shopping for two of the tenants.

DianeW

Sep 10, 2013
Lytham St Annes
I work for a housing association and though my team do a different job, the support teams and other teams are...calling all tenants over 60, or that we know are vulnerable and offering them assistance with shopping, picking up prescriptions etc, or just a little bit of a chat to reassure help is there if needed.

The tenant feedback has been amazing,....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerryann76