1. Q&A: Looking after yourself as a carer - Friday 25 January, 3-4pm

As a carer for a person living with dementia, the needs of that person will often come before your own, and this can mean that you don't always look after yourself.

However, it's important for both you and the person you care for. But how do you do that properly?

Our next expert Q&A will be on looking after yourself as a carer. It will be hosted by Angelo from our Knowledge Services team, who focuses on wellbeing. He'll be answering your questions on Friday 25 January between 3-4pm.

You can either post questions >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll answer as many as we can on the day.

Geriatric rhinitis

Discussion in 'Health and wellbeing' started by marionq, Jan 7, 2019.

1. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
  2. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    That’s also the latest cold, round here at any rate. I’ve got a cold, apparently it’s also affected a sinus. Must have affected a nerve somewhere, the upper teeth on that side have been aching. Because the teeth are so sore, just have to wipe ones nose when a drip threatens!
    And don’t try and eat anything hard!

I also fell today, so have a sore head as well!

3. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    I blame my occasional sore front teeth on arthritis and Scottish weather! A couple of ibuprofen usually does the trick.

4. Izzy

Izzy Volunteer Moderator

Aug 31, 2003
    Female
    Dundee
    I have that! It’s a constant nasal drip which goes firm the back of my throat. It causes a bad cough. I usually get a flare up after a sinus infection.

Today I went for a Bowen Therapy session as I read it can help sinusitis.

5. AliceA

AliceA Registered User

May 27, 2016
    Hope you were not too shaken. Xxx

6. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Just got up for painkillers, Alice. Teeth aching, non-conducive to sleep!

7. marionq

marionq Registered User

Apr 24, 2013
    Female
    Scotland
    Oh Spamar that doesn’t sound good. How is your head after your fall?

8. Spamar

Spamar Registered User

Oct 5, 2013
    Suffolk
    Still tender, Marion. Shall have to tell the hairdresser to go easy! I’d cancel, but hair really needs a trim