Further LPA advice needed

Jill69

Jul 9, 2022
Today was the first time I had posted anywhere on the internet. I have been receiving brilliant and really helpful advice. I am useless with communication (autistic) so was pleased to be able to respond. I responded several times. When I tried to make further responses/questions to Louise 7, try again, northumbian_k, Bangomansmate, Shedrech and Caccaz, each time I tried to reply I received the following message: Oops! We ran into some problems Sorry! You must have at least 10 posts to post link. Your current posts count is 3.
I have read all the FAQ and watched the video, but I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I wondered if it was because I am using a phone not a computer? So I am attempting another thread just to say thank you to all those people who gave valuable advice. I really appreciate it, and will continue to appreciate any further advice.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Jill69.

I’m so sorry to hear you have been having problems answering posts. You might want to try out replying to this one to see if what I suggest works.

In the blank box beneath my post type a short reply. Actually it’s not quite bland it has the grey-ed out word ‘Write your reply; When you’ve done that hit the blue button underneath the last post in the thread. it has white writing and says ‘Post reply’. That should work.

Good luck!

Cazcaz

Apr 3, 2021
Today was the first time I had posted anywhere on the internet. I have been receiving brilliant and really helpful advice. I am useless with communication (autistic) so was pleased to be able to respond. I responded several times. When I tried to make further responses/questions to Louise 7, try again, northumbian_k, Bangomansmate, Shedrech and Caccaz, each time I tried to reply I received the following message: Oops! We ran into some problems Sorry! You must have at least 10 posts to post link. Your current posts count is 3.
I have read all the FAQ and watched the video, but I still can't figure out what I am doing wrong. I wondered if it was because I am using a phone not a computer? So I am attempting another thread just to say thank you to all those people who gave valuable advice. I really appreciate it, and will continue to appreciate any further advice.
Hi. As far as helping is concerned, you’re welcome! We are all here to help and offer advice/support. I’m glad I could help you.

The number of posts are the number of comments you have put on here.. You will see your name and a circle with a letter in next to all of your posts. Tap it. Then a small square appears. Tap your name/circle in that square. It takes you to a page of your information. You’ll see your details, when you joined and how many times you have commented (posted). Your current count is 4.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
If you want to write to one specific person type @before the user name and they will be alerted that you’ve posted - for example -

@northumbrian_k

The number of posts you have made won’t matter if you reply as I have suggested in my post under your first post.

Cazcaz

Apr 3, 2021

Attachments

• F1ED9C6C-42E0-4353-B78E-96FF1DEB1843.jpeg
    F1ED9C6C-42E0-4353-B78E-96FF1DEB1843.jpeg
    115.1 KB · Views: 100

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Hi @Jill69
I went back and looked at that thread and noticed that the posts you mention all contain links and I think that is the problem.

There are two ways to reply to a post. You can click on the "reply" button at the bottom of the relevant post, but what this does is quote that post and you can then write a reply underneath. Unfortunately, you have to have made 10 posts before you are allowed to post a link - and that includes links in a post you have quoted.

The other way is to do as I have done, which is to skip that bit and just scroll down to the reply box with your user name next to it. Type in there and then click on the "post reply" button. If you want to reply to a particular person you can "tag" them by typing the @ key and then (without a space) type their user name. After a few letters there should be a drop down box with some alternatives - click on the one you want. Their name should turn blue when it has been posted. This is what I did for your name at the beginning of this post. It will alert the person you have tagged by placing a number over the bell icon in the top bar on the right (after your user name). If you click on that it will tell you who has tagged you and which post.

Jill69

Jul 9, 2022
Welcome to the forum @Jill69.

I’m so sorry to hear you have been having problems answering posts. You might want to try out replying to this one to see if what I suggest works.

In the blank box beneath my post type a short reply. Actually it’s not quite bland it has the grey-ed out word ‘Write your reply; When you’ve done that hit the blue button underneath the last post in the thread. it has white writing and says ‘Post reply’. That should work.

Good luck!
Testing your advice Izzy

Jill69

Jul 9, 2022
Hi @Jill69
I went back and looked at that thread and noticed that the posts you mention all contain links and I think that is the problem.

There are two ways to reply to a post. You can click on the "reply" button at the bottom of the relevant post, but what this does is quote that post and you can then write a reply underneath. Unfortunately, you have to have made 10 posts before you are allowed to post a link - and that includes links in a post you have quoted.

The other way is to do as I have done, which is to skip that bit and just scroll down to the reply box with your user name next to it. Type in there and then click on the "post reply" button. If you want to reply to a particular person you can "tag" them by typing the @ key and then (without a space) type their user name. After a few letters there should be a drop down box with some alternatives - click on the one you want. Their name should turn blue when it has been posted. This is what I did for your name at the beginning of this post. It will alert the person you have tagged by placing a number over the bell icon in the top bar on the right (after your user name). If you click on that it will tell you who has tagged you and which post.
Thank you so much for the advice

Recent Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jackiejan