Funerals pictures?

Libby

May 20, 2006
North East
The problem we have is that we dare not give away or dispose of the rest as we feel it would be wrong to do so while she is alive.

She has already lost her husband, home, memories and faculties, all she has left are the treasures she kept all those years, things she polished lovingly and looked after, each holding a special memory for her and Dad and us of course.

it seems disloyal to do anything other than keep them

We had to move Mum into a home when Dad died, and had to put their house on the market. I understand what you're saying Kathleen about feeling disloyal, but at the end of the day - they're only possessions. You've got your memories of your Mum and Dad which to me feel far more important.

We all took a few little things as mementos, we took some of mums favourite things to the home, but she just hides them away as she's frightened that someone will steal them!

One snag though - I just can't get rid of all their photo's and my goodness there's plenty of them - I actually feel as though I'm erasing their past if I just put them in the bin. I do intend to buy a very large photo album and save as many as I can - in fact I've just had a thought while typing this, that I could do the same for my 2 sisters and 2 brothers and if I did the same for all the nephews and nieces, maybe I wouldn't have to throw any out!!

Better get sorting:eek:

Libs

jarnee

Mar 18, 2006
leicestershire
Libby,

I couldn't agree more.....they are only possessions. We kept things that had real meaning or value and some sentimental stuff. I also made a photo album....I did it in chronological order and it became a kind of "This is your Life" for my mum....even starting with a photo of an aunty & uncle of mum's that is dated 1886 !!!

My next intention is to write a few lines under each photo so future generations know what they are. Mum had written on the back of some and I found that fascinating.

Jarnee
XXXXXXXX

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
New beginnings?

Today, my Mum's new tennants signed the lease agreement and will start moving in by next week. A family with three young children and a dog, will make the house come alive again. It is like a new beginning, and Mum gets some income from the rent. Life goes on, even when our loved ones get left behind in the NH with their illnesses. I know that Mum will be pleased that her house will be proper home again for a young family. It will also save me worrying about the garden getting overgrown!
Kayla

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Well done, Kayla

What a lovely way to look at it - some houses are just meant to be lived in - others are loved in......

Love, Karen (TF), x