Funeral

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
Hi All,

It will be my mum's funeral on Monday. My brain seems to be full of all sorts right now. Trying to make sure everything is in place for Monday. Can't sleep much but I don't seem to feel tired.
Sonia xxx

So sorry you were awake in the early hours, Sonia. Hopefully you will sleep better as things get sorted ahead of Monday. We can carry on for a certain length of time on adrenelin resulting from our loss, but you do need to be careful of yourself, and try to sleep (I know it can be impossible sometimes, hence my user name.)
I do hope the arrangements are going well for your Mum's funeral Sonia, and you can have some quiet time for yourself, to be calm and still and think of her, now at peace.
Thinking of you, xx

LeedsLass

Oct 13, 2014
Essex
Best of luck tomorrow Sonia. Let us know how it goes. My mum's is on Friday. Hope you get some comfort from it and can move forwards afterwards X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

jan.s

Sep 20, 2011
Hi Sonia, I hope all goes well tomorrow. I shall be thinking of you. J x

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
Hi Sonia Owen
It's an unreal time
I hope all goes as you want tomorrow
and you gain comfort from the ceremony and celebrating your mum's life

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011
I am sure all will go well tomorrow and I hope you get great comfort from the people who share the day with you. You can always catch up on sleep so do try not to get stressed about not sleeping and spend your waking time remembering the good times together xxx thinking of you xx

sonia owen

Hi all,
The day I never thought would get here. Its our mum's funeral this afternoon. I feel and hope that I have done her proud. Little touches which I think she would like. Packets of Forget me Not seeds to give everyone. A raspberry ruffle tree as she loved eating them. A memory tree for everyone to write their memories for her. Balloons for her little Greatchildren to release. Be with me mum during one of the hardest days Love you Sonia xxxx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Such lovely touches Sonia. Wishing you strength for this afternoon. You've certainly done your mum proud.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Hello Sonia

You have taken a lot of care and gone to a lot of trouble to make your mum`s funeral an occasion which would have pleased her. I hope it brings you comfort.

sonia owen

Thank you all

Yesterday was a sad day but it was filled with lovely memories, lots of hugs smiles. We held mum's wake in the sheltered accommodation lounge where mum had lived happily for 5 years. It made it easy for the others to attend. She would have loved it.

One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.
Thank you Love Sonia and Family xxx

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
Yesterday was a sad day but it was filled with lovely memories, lots of hugs smiles. We held mum's wake in the sheltered accommodation lounge where mum had lived happily for 5 years. It made it easy for the others to attend. She would have loved it.

One of the deep secrets of life is that all that is really worth the doing is what we do for others.
Thank you Love Sonia and Family xxx

So glad all went well for you. You did your Mum proud xxx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanetR