Funeral

sonia owen

I am going to a friends husbands funeral tomorrow. I wondered about giving her some flowers, for herself to maybe enjoy. Not sure if that be a good idea. Just wanted her to know that I care about her horrible journey that has now come to an end.
Love Sonia xxx

loveahug

Nov 28, 2012
Moved to Leicester
On the day of my father's funeral, my employers sent me flowers, I was very touched by the gesture. Had it been a friend it would have meant a great deal to me.

ellejay

Jan 28, 2011
Essex
A friend gave me some flowers when my aunt died & I've never forgotten ( over 30 yrs ago) As she gave them to me, she said " Dolly would be happy for you to have these"

Since then it is something I do.

Lin x

kingmidas1962

Jun 10, 2012
South Gloucs
I think that's a lovely idea. I dislike funeral flowers (just my personal opinion) because I've always felt flowers are for the living - I think it would be a lovely thing to do and if it was me I'd be very touched that someone had thought of me x

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
When a friend of our group died his wife wanted donations to her chosen charity and just family flowers. As a group of couples we were close and she said if we wanted to send flowers we could. So we decided donation to her charity and a couple of weeks after the funeral we sent a large bouquet to her. She loved them and the 2 weeks space between funeral and flowers meant ,as she said, "I can smile when I look at them, things are not so raw".

I am sure the flowers will be appreciated.

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
I often send some flowers 'for the house'. This covers all funeral arrangements if I'm not sure whether there is a request for no flowers or maybe family flowers only. People usually seem to like it as the flowers can be a comfort for the bereaved. I don't like flowers being just left to die.

lilysmybabypup

May 21, 2012
Sydney, Australia
Mum, my sister and I all received many floral tributes at our homes when Dad passed, many more than were at his funeral. We had requested donations to Alzheimer's Australia in lieu of flowers at the funeral.

It is quite common for flowers to be sent to the home here, especially among people of European descent. It is a lovely gesture, I think you should do it.

Stephanie, xxx

virg

Jan 13, 2010
cheshire
My friend received quite a lot of flowers when her husband died and she actually found it a bit too much and didn't appreciate them. Maybe sending some a little later when any other flowers are dying with a 'still thinking of you' message might be more appreciated.

Noorza

Jun 8, 2012
That was a lovely thing to do, I am glad your friend appreciated it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife