funding for a day care centre one day a week

tuffydawn

Mar 30, 2015
Is it possible to get funding for one day once a week in a day centre for someone with dementia any advice would be great

padmag

May 8, 2012
nottingham
I think you would have to have a financial assessment of all the person's income and outgoings and savings. I had a financial assessment and originally was granted 3 days per week.

marionq

Apr 24, 2013
Scotland
If the person is on a low income they may not be asked to pay anything other than their lunch. They should be entitled to Attendance Allowance which is meant to cover this kind of cost. They should also be entitled to a reduced council tax.

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
It depends on your cared for and your own needs for respite and on the resources of your borough.

But yes, in theory one day a week at a day centre isn't really much to ask for. My OH went five days a week for years, so why stop at one?

Contact your council's Adult Social Services team and ask for a needs assessment for him, and a carers assessment for yourself. You're entitled to one my law. Only once the need is established should they do a financial assessment, which will determine how much the cared for would have to contribute towards the costs, if at all (lunch is an extra cost). Your own money will not be counted.

Diannie

Jun 2, 2015
Yes it is. I have been paying £115 for my husband to go for 2 and a half days a week since January 2017. However 6 week’s ago I was advised to ask for a care needs assessment. I couldn’t believe it when they got back to me and said they feel 4 days a week would benefit both my husband and myself and they would take over the funding. They are paying £180 a week.