Fund Raising Walk 11 Sept?

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hello

Is there no one else doing the Memory Walk on Sunday week?
I thought there would be some details here but very light on info

I've just had a shock as been thinking it was 10k (6.2m), it's actually 10 miles
which for me might be harder going than I had expected, I dont know how Daisy is going to manage it , esp in our fancy dress (she's going as a cow, which I still think is cheating a bit)

Anyway, good luck to everyone who is taking part, and a big Booooo to those who arent (only kidding)

Sponsorship is going well
every penny counts as they say

TED (n daisy too)
x

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Thanks for that, I hope the link is useful to those who werent already aware of it, I am already registered for the 10m walk in London, starting on Sunday week at the Imperial War Museum.

I just would have thought there might have been more mention of it here

but maybe everyone is getting some practice in
and of course raising lots of money and awareness in the process
(basically that's what I'm doing, the sponsorship money is useful, but all around our company the campaign is being highlighted, and I will be trying to pick up some supplies of wristbands for here too, already got an order for about 8...)

All the best everyone

TED

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
We are doing the North Wales one on the 17th it is 10k (can anyone translate that into English please!) Daughter and grandson are doing it with us and we are leaving a car at either end of the walk!

Good luck everyone. :)

Linda

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Good luck with your walk too, hope it's not raining either
best check if it is 10k (about 6.2 miles) cos I thought the london one was and it turned out to be 10 miles instead which I hadnt allowed for (those extra 4 miles will hurt me I'm so out of condition)

All the best
TED

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
God luck to all you walkers ,I wish my knees wpould permit me to do a walk-but. :eek:
It makes me very frustrated to think that I was a county standard half miler in my youth,can;t walk half a mile now
Norman :(

Dianne

Sep 5, 2005
Flintshire
Linda Mc said:
We are doing the North Wales one on the 17th it is 10k (can anyone translate that into English please!) Daughter and grandson are doing it with us and we are leaving a car at either end of the walk!

Good luck everyone. :)

Linda
Hi Linda

best of luck with your walk

Dianne
x

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Good luck and god bless who are walking on Sunday, lets hope the weather stays kind and I would like to finish before they end play for the day at the Oval else it'll be a bit busy on the way home

I'll have Daisy with me for support, so any one out in London on Sunday seeing someone walking along the Thames with a Dairy Cow on a lead, dont worry it's just me and Daisy off for a walk.....you can always wave, or better still give us a Mooo !!

Will have a digital Camera on my travels so hopefully a few pics I can put up here later next week...

TED

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
WELL DONE TO EVERYONE TODAY
THE RAIN JUST ABOUT HELD OFF AND 10 MILES LATER Im SHATTERED.

BUT WE DID IT
And now I'm off to bed....byeeee

TED

daughter

Mar 16, 2005
Well done, Ted and everyone else who took part today. I hope Daisy made it too. Can't wait to see the pics!

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Yes we are both well many thanks

pics....hmm well I've tried but maybe someone can help, it keeps saying they are too big to upload, I've saved them as JPEG and cant do much about the size?

All suggestions greatfully received.

TED

Linda Mc

Jul 3, 2005
Nr Mold
Well Done!

:) Just wanted to say well done bet you are pleased with yourself!

Glad the rain kept off hope it does for the Welsh walk on Sat.

Linda x

PS How are the legs today!!

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Ted

If you are using Windows, you can re-size using the Paint application that comes bundled with the software.

open your picture then select:

Attributes

Just reduce the size from the window that appears.

NB reduce each dimension in the same proportion as my Paint doesn't permit me to preserve the aspect ratio.

So just halve each one then if necessary, halve them again.

Save the result as a different file name so as not to overwrite the original.

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Hi
had a look at the pics, but they just open into a standard windows and fax view screen. THere doesnt appear to be anything to edit the size in there?

Will try opening them in Paintshop but dont want to do anything to lose them. Already butchered one as a test....

I'll try, else someone has said you can publish an online photo album? I dunno it's all a bit french to me.

Thanks for the kind words, was good fun and I hope everyone else who is doing something to support the AS Awareness week enjoys themselves too.

TED

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Thanks Brucie, done as you suggested and half the photo gets deleted, so hasnt done much to the size of the image, just lost what I wanted to show

I'll see if anyone at work does a lot with photos, never had to before now, was easier to go to Boots and have em developed eh !!

:O)

TED

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Knickers!

Sorry Ted, I never use MS Paint and knew you COULD resize images using it, but didn't test it.

Instead, still using Paint, select

Stretch and Skew

from Image dropdown

Then select a percentage - the same for horizontal and vertical.

That will do it.

You can get really good graphics programs that do this stuff on the front of computer mags, for free. But if you already have PaintShop....

NB ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS work on a copy of an original image file. that way, if you muck the thing up big time, you have not lost the original.

Good luck!

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
Nice one
I knew it was easy, I blame the silly moo, once she's put her hooves all over the place it tends to go wrong.

anyway
here's one I made earlier.

Matey on the platform is some big cheese from the AS (who dropped out half way round cos I saw him heading for the tube station at Blackfriars ... booo) Vicar is the Right Rev Roger Royal, and the elephant was a figmant of my imaginiation brought on my several drinks on the way round....hic

Cheers TED
(testing testing....)

Attachments

• London Walk 100.jpg
    London Walk 100.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 718

TED

Sep 14, 2004
Middlesex
a couple more since that seemed to work ok....thanks Brucie.

1. The Barnet team (good effort the only lot to go as a team ... I gave em a 15 start and caught/passed them by 3 mile! ha ... being caught by a fat bloke and a cow the shame...)

2. Purley King and Queen, very handy when you start off in Lambeth. Good to see them.

3. ok, Daisy ... how did you manage to get in there.....moo x

TED

Attachments

• London Walk2 004.jpg
    London Walk2 004.jpg
    116.1 KB · Views: 591
  • London Walk2 003.jpg
    London Walk2 003.jpg
    145.4 KB · Views: 667
  • London Walk 001.jpg
    London Walk 001.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 657