Fuming ..... sorry to burden you

Discussion in 'I have a partner with dementia' started by Silver Lining, Jul 22, 2015.

1. Silver Lining

Silver Lining Registered User

Nov 20, 2013
    Am I alone in my thoughts but do the medical professionals deliberately drag their feet because someone has AD.
    My OH has a very complex medical history and is again unwell today, has been very unwell on and off for months now, everyone in the "loop" NHS wise are scratching their heads and nothing is being done. Its like living in the "dark ages.

I am feeling a bit paranoid and thinking they are writing him off and I am fighting like crazy to get them to do something.

Fuming:mad::mad: - Sorry. Silver Lining.

2. Grannie G

Grannie G Volunteer Moderator

Apr 3, 2006
    Kent
    I honestly don`t know SL.

Have you asked them what the delay is or why your OH isn`t getting the treatment he needs?

My husband got the medical treatment he needed as well as dental treatment, but I put that down to the staff at the home and his GP`s surgery which was very good.

I suppose you will have to keep asking, just to let them know you want your husband to remain as comfortable as possible especially as he has dementia and might be unable to make his needs known.

3. Quilty

Quilty Registered User

Aug 28, 2014
    GLASGOW
    Hello Silverlining, I can say or do much to help but I will be thinking about you. Keep fighting.

4. Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
    A letter from the Consultant has suddenly appeared today but we are no further forward just having to investigate another reason that is causing my OH to have medical problems. How long will that take I ask myself SL

5. Chuggalug

Chuggalug Registered User

Mar 24, 2014
    Norfolk
    I stuck that for years on end, Silver Lining. It took two strokes and a broken hip before help arrived. It's just too bad, isn't it. Fuming with you :(

I thought we must have been blacklisted somewhere when I was going through it all. Wish none of that was true as I so want to send encouragement, sigh...

6. Silver Lining

Nov 20, 2013
    Thank You SL.