Frusttrated!

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
Frustrated with Mum (who lives with me) she has middle Alzheimer's and a couple of weeks ago she had a urine infection - we need to get another urine test to make sure she's clear -every time we have to have a urine test it's a great big drama - we have to get the sample to the doctors by 11am - my mum can never wee when I need her too, so I'm going to have to try again tomorrow - last time it took until Wednesday until I was able to get one, and it looks like the same again this time.

Monday is the only day I don't work during the week and it really annoys me - I feel like hitting my head against a brick wall!! I know I shouldn't allow it but I'm so mad

CynthsDaugh

May 5, 2015
Salford, Lancashire
Your not alone in feeling that way!

Nothing wrong with feeling frustrated - especially when things don't go to plan (as they often don't!). I also work full time and know how frustrating it can be when Mum doesn't play ball. Trying to not let her know I'm frustrated so not to get the "I'm too much of a burden aren't I" comments is frustrating in itself!

Beate

May 21, 2014
London
To be honest, if you feel she might have a UTI judging from her behaviour or other tell-tale signs, the doctor should be able to prescribe antibiotics without a urine sample. I can never get OH to wee on command but I know something is wrong when his pee starts smelling absolutely awful.

Summerheather

Feb 22, 2015
To be honest, if you feel she might have a UTI judging from her behaviour or other tell-tale signs, the doctor should be able to prescribe antibiotics without a urine sample. I can never get OH to wee on command but I know something is wrong when his pee starts smelling absolutely awful.

I don't have the best GP to be honest - when I first took a sample a couple of weeks ago the Receptionist was quite awkward about it - 'why do I think I need to give in a sample', 'why do I think she has an infection' etc. After they gave me the medication when it turned out she did have an infection, I asked the GP whether she should have 2 lots and he said no, just bring in a sample - and that's the issue - I'm dealing with people that don't really understand