Frustration

Frazzled!!!

Jun 13, 2024
I am new to the site and having a quick look through the comments it is clear that i am not alone in the feelings of guilt anger and depression. When you have a partner or relative diagnosed everyone tells you it will be hard but how hard nobody understands if they havent lived the life and how lonely you can feel. Luckily for me i do have a friend in a similar situation and caring family support but while that does help on the practical side of life it doesnt stop the frustration anger and depression closely followed by guilt in the knowedge they cant help being the selfish demanding and forgetful person they now are. Also the worry that you are handling things right as like one of the other members the memory clinic passed us over to the Gp. At the end if last year we were notified of his first assessment which we missed as we went to the surgery but no it was over the phone. How can they assess someone who denies he has a problem over a phone. There has been no follow up

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Welcome to the forum @Frazzled!!!

I’m glad you’ve found this forum and have shared your feelings. I hope you will feel less alone here and I know you will find understanding and support.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
I am new to the site and having a quick look through the comments it is clear that i am not alone in the feelings of guilt anger and depression. When you have a partner or relative diagnosed everyone tells you it will be hard but how hard nobody understands if they havent lived the life and how lonely you can feel. Luckily for me i do have a friend in a similar situation and caring family support but while that does help on the practical side of life it doesnt stop the frustration anger and depression closely followed by guilt in the knowedge they cant help being the selfish demanding and forgetful person they now are. Also the worry that you are handling things right as like one of the other members the memory clinic passed us over to the Gp. At the end if last year we were notified of his first assessment which we missed as we went to the surgery but no it was over the phone. How can they assess someone who denies he has a problem over a phone. There has been no follow up
apparently assessments and reviews are being done by phone. lucky you got an assessment for dementia, weve never had one since diagnosis 4 years ago. he had his COPD review over the phone. how they can review his lung function over the phone and me answering the question i will never know. his diabetic review next week on the phone with me answering. no dementia review/assessment has been mentioned. i dont know how you can review one illness in isolation to the others. how do you know which illness is causing what symptoms.

Gosling

Volunteer Host
Aug 2, 2022
South West UK
Just to say welcome from me also @Frazzled!!! to this friendly and supportive forum. This is one place that you need never feel you are alone. People here understand and you will find empathy and sound advice from members that really do want to help.