frustrating times

Noone

Mar 12, 2007
Surrey
Hi all, Im having a bit of a frustrating time...my lady wears incontinence pads or pants to bed, but during the night, she interferes with them, which usually results in her bowel movements all over the floor. So I had the ingenious idea of her wearing a cotton body or swimsuit to bed...and this worked a treat.

However, my Dad has strongly objected. Deciding instead, that she shouldnt wear anything, and that he will be fitting a sensor pad to her bedroom floor that rings an alarm in my room, so that it wakes me up - in order for me to either help her to the toilet or put her back to bed.

Grrr!

He not only expects me to care for her all day, but now also wants me to do a night shift as well, without any restbite through the day at all!!!!!!

Luckily the Community Psychiatric Nurse came today, and she told me that my idea was sound, that incontinence pants are the way forward, and 'thankfully' we are having a meeting with herself, the SS lady, him & me and she said she will help get it over to my Dad that the pants are the way forward.

I have basically told him, that if this is the sort of care he wants for her, then I cant do it....not no way no how. I have to consider my own health first...I have my own disabilities and daily problems as it is...let alone being awake and in charge 24hrs a day, when it seems unnecessary.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Kudos to you for thinking outside the box (i.e. the bodysuit idea); not so much kudos to your father! If he's so keen on the idea of a sensor pad, why shouldn't he get up in the night?

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh yes, I remember, he's only there at weekends, right? Is he planning to do the getting up a nights when he IS there? Anyway, it's irrelevant really: you're there and you have to do what's best for you and your lady.

Noone

Mar 12, 2007
Surrey
Thankfully the meeting is only next week, and the CPN is on my side...for want of a better expression....!

Thanks for listening though, its sometimes like beating my head against a brick wall!