Frustrated

Tikwua

Apr 5, 2015
My hubby has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and we have had a lot of stress for the past 2years. Is there a club. In Eastbourne that I/we can attend as I don't know how to keep my cool, it's so hard, help. I can't travel too far.

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
Welcome to Talking Point - I am sure you will get a lot of support here.

If you want to ask about local activities I suggest you ring your branch of the Alzheimer's Society. You can find them here:
http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/site/scripts/documents.php?categoryID=200121

Whilst the branch may seem a distance away from you they usually run 'cafe's' in most areas. This can be in the form of coffee mornings, general social get togethers, pub lunches. In our area they were for both carers and sufferers but many friendships were formed.
I hope you can find something similar.
Best wishes

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
My hubby has been diagnosed with Alzheimer's and we have had a lot of stress for the past 2years. Is there a club. In Eastbourne that I/we can attend as I don't know how to keep my cool, it's so hard, help. I can't travel too far.

Hope you find some help soon. I so sympathise with 'keeping your cool'. I thought I was quite a patient person but coping with what this disease does to our loved ones is soooo hard. It's not as if we've been trained to deal with it, just thrown in at the deep end. You'll find lots of help and sympathy here so keep coming back. Big hug.

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point