Frontotemporal hallucinations

Pollyanna153

Jul 15, 2015
My husband has this and usually when we abroad he has hallucination
I going away Christmas as I giving it a try because he now on anti depressant and hope that will help
I think hallucinations happen when he out of his comfort zone sometimes they are very scary
Just wonder how other people cope with dealing with them which apparently is a part of this kind of dementia
Since diagnosis eight months ago I have gone through a lot of emotions but think I am feeling a little stronger and able to cope a bit better and convincing myself that I will be able to deal with them a lot better now

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Hi on T.P we often hear how dementia effects people differently I have Fronto-temporal-dementia for 13 year and Alzheimer’s for 16 years I also meet with five other people with Fronto-temporal-dementia every month I have never had any hallucinations and never taken anti depressants , and I never herd the others say they have either , possibly something else is causing this problem :confused:

Pollyanna153

Jul 15, 2015
Hallucinations

Hi on T.P we often hear how dementia effects people differently I have Fronto-temporal-dementia for 13 year and Alzheimer’s for 16 years I also meet with five other people with Fronto-temporal-dementia every month I have never had any hallucinations and never taken anti depressants , and I never herd the others say they have either , possibly something else is causing this problem :confused:

Thanks for your reply the psychiatrist knows about the hallucinations and the leaflets they gave me say that this can be part of the illness
My husband has had problems with sleep like four hours night in the chair then goes to bed the tablets have helped in a way to balance the sleep patterns not perfect but better and I not feeling so lonely sat at the side of him . He has what I call active sleep jumps about and talks loudly arms go all over the place. Hence I now sleep in other room
Also he is a lot calmer as he used to get very agitated about things I think it is one of them things with dementia people have different reactions to it
Thanks again

Countryboy

Mar 17, 2005
South West
Thanks for your reply the psychiatrist knows about the hallucinations and the leaflets they gave me say that this can be part of the illness
My husband has had problems with sleep like four hours night in the chair then goes to bed the tablets have helped in a way to balance the sleep patterns not perfect but better and I not feeling so lonely sat at the side of him . He has what I call active sleep jumps about and talks loudly arms go all over the place. Hence I now sleep in other room
Also he is a lot calmer as he used to get very agitated about things I think it is one of them things with dementia people have different reactions to it
Thanks again

Hi Pollyanna I can relate to some of that I sleep in a separate bedroom have done now for 12/13 years lot easer I get up during the night but I make sure I don't sleep during the day but I drink 4 jars of coffee a week so they may not be helping me by they way I,m 72 now started with aged 57