From Mental Clinic under Section 2, moved to DoLS

beebee7

Feb 13, 2015
Not applicable
Has anyone had experience of AD patient being taken from their home under Section 2 to a mental clinic. Then, after 8 days taken off Section 2 and placed under a DoLS.
The next step is a meeting with the clinic personnel/doctors but we have been told that Mum will be moved to a care home as she can no longer look after herself.
After reading loads of posts on CHC and realising how very difficult this is and knowing that to get CHC a patient would have to be under Section 3, my question is:-

If the authorities are saying that Mum must go into care and if they reject CHC, is it really possible that somebody who is "detained" against their will actually have to pay for the costs of their "detainment".
This sounds most strange to me.

The more I look at this the more confused I get. Further, not having lived in England for decades I have no idea how things work in my homeland.

Many thanks for any comments.

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
I was informed that my late Husband HAD to go into care. He was declined CHC and had to pay-he was fully self funding. After six months he was put on CHC funding and it was back dated 4 months. I do know that lots of TP'ers have had the decision taking away from them-the person with dementia still has to pay.

Take care

Lyn T

beebee7

Feb 13, 2015
Not applicable
I was informed that my late Husband HAD to go into care. He was declined CHC and had to pay-he was fully self funding. After six months he was put on CHC funding and it was back dated 4 months. I do know that lots of TP'ers have had the decision taking away from them-the person with dementia still has to pay.

Take care

Lyn T

Thanks, Lyn, for your reply.
Take care

beebee7

Feb 13, 2015
Not applicable
I was informed that my late Husband HAD to go into care. He was declined CHC and had to pay-he was fully self funding. After six months he was putP
on CHC funding and it was back dated 4 months. I do know that lots of TP'ers have had the decision taking away from them-the person with dementia still has to pay.

Take care

Lyn T

Me again, Lyn. Sorry, What's a Tp

nitram

Apr 6, 2011
Bury
"Silly me. Thank you"

It's not silly to ask a question.

It is silly to remain ignorant.

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Mum had a TIA and ended up in hospital. After this it was decided in a "Best Interest" meeting that she was no longer able to look after herself and she has stayed permanently in a CH ever since. As it was not her decision and it is a locked unit mum has a DOLS (as does every other resident of the CH), but she still has to pay for the CH. I know that she never applied for CHC, but the outcome is the same.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillWife