From all that to this................

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
For the past few days I have woken each morning with a sore throat. This morning it was even worse. I decided to go to the Pharmacy for something anti-septic and soothing.

It was a damp and dismal day, but off I went, only a 15 minute walk.

While I was out, the heavens opened. Torrential rain bounced off the roads and pavements.

No problem, I was dressed for the weather, I had an umbrella, I was fine.

I bought some tablets and headed home.

Halfway home, who should come round the corner but my dear husband, no coat on, carrying our biggest umbrella.

He had noticed the rain, worried in case I hadn`t taken an umbrella with me, didn`t want me to get wet, so came to meet me.

DeborahBlythe

Dec 1, 2006
Bless! Treasure the memory!:)
Have a good night and hope your throat feels better tomorrow! Love

Kathleen

Mar 12, 2005
West Sussex
Hello Sylvia

He is still your knight in shining armour coming to the rescue, that is so lovely.

Hope you feel better really soon.

Kathleen
x

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hi Sylvia

Hope you are feeling a bit better now. I expect you forgot all about your sore throat when you saw your husband ( in slow motion- like a scene from a love story) coming round the corner. His love for you and the wanting to protect you is STILL there.
Take Care Bye for now
Janetruth x

janetruth

Mar 20, 2007
nuneaton
Hi Sylvia

How awful for your poor husband, if that had been the case, how awful for you getting in, to find him out.
I am a big believer in FATE, Hope you are too, It kind of gives answers to all those,' If only's'.
Take Care Bye for now
Janetruth x

BeckyJan

Nov 28, 2005
Derbyshire
These precious moments of knowing you are still loved - pleased you shared that one with us. Hope your sore throat is ok now and not developing into a wretched cold.
Take care of yourself Love Jan

Taffy

Apr 15, 2007
Dear Sylvia
I am hoping that you are feeling must better. Lucky you didn't catch the bus as maybe you would of been looking for hubby.Lovelly that he thought of you,try and take things easy, look after yourself. Taffy.

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Grannie_G said:
He had noticed the rain, worried in case I hadn`t taken an umbrella with me, didn`t want me to get wet, so came to meet me.

It is these poignant moments that strike home, isn't it?

I still recall the time when Jan had spent hours writing her signature on a birthday card for me in August. My birthday is actually in May. The thought was still there and that was what mattered.

KenC

Mar 24, 2006
Co Durham
Hi sylvia,

It just proves that those of us who have an illness like this can cause a lot of stress at times, but we still have hearts of gold, although it might not always show.

He still thinks the world of you to do this, and that alone is a blessing.

Take care of yourselves

Best Wishes
Ken

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Hi Sylvia

What a lovely thing for Dhiren to do. The love and warmth are still there, beneath all the agitation.

Hope the throat is better today,

Love,

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Now MY throat has a big lump in it after reading your beautiful post! Hope YOUR throat is much better!! ;)

alfjess

Jul 10, 2006
south lanarkshire
Hope you are feeling better.

What a lovely thing for Dhiren to do, shows there is still some awareness there.

Better than my hubby and there is nothing wrong with him.
He wouldn't even have worried about me getting wet.

Alfjess