Friends needed

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Is there anyone who is a carer living in the Hull or East Riding area who goes to dementia cafes. Really need friends for meetings and outings. I'm an only child and care for my Mother with vascular dementia. Is there anyone out there who has no support and would like to become friends.

Last edited:

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Hi Jorgieporgie
I'm not in your area sadly but if no one from your area reads this message don't give up. I guess the best thing to do is take the plunge and try to go to dementia cafe or carers meeting on your own and you will soon make some friends. If you need info on local meetings ask your Social Services department or perhaps ask at your local surgery or church. Does the Council have any carer support groups in your area? Other possibilities are charities like Age UK, Carer companies like Prama care or care homes with open door coffee mornings- just a few suggestions to look into:)

jorgieporgie

Mar 2, 2016
YORKSHIRE
Hi Jorgieporgie
I'm not in your area sadly but if no one from your area reads this message don't give up. I guess the best thing to do is take the plunge and try to go to dementia cafe or carers meeting on your own and you will soon make some friends. If you need info on local meetings ask your Social Services department or perhaps ask at your local surgery or church. Does the Council have any carer support groups in your area? Other possibilities are charities like Age UK, Carer companies like Prama care or care homes with open door coffee mornings- just a few suggestions to look into:)

Thanks Selinacroft,
I am checking up on all those. It just felt a bit daunting going on my own, but will try on Thursday for the first time. Thanks again!

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Good luck jorgieporgie.

Caring is a very isolating responsibility and I hope you will be welcomed with open arms by those in similar positions to yourself.

Please post an update when you have been. :)

Selinacroft

Oct 10, 2015
Look forward to hearing how you get on. Remember others may be feeling nervous as well.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Classy@1951