1. Expert Q&A: Benefits - Weds 23 October, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of benefits. It will be hosted by Lauren from our Knowledge Services team. She'll be answering your questions on Wednesday 23 October between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

1. sford91

sford91 Registered User

Nov 4, 2015
    Hi
    Does anybody know of anywhere I can get a fridge alarm, mam often forgets to shut it. Looked on Google not much help?

Thanks

2. jimbo 111

jimbo 111 Registered User

Jan 23, 2009
    North Bucks
    Hello sford
    I have a friend who is blind and he has several alarms in his home
    One of them alarms him when the fridge door is left open
    he got it from the RNIB
    you may find this website handy

https://www.google.co.uk/search?sou...T4MXGB_enGB592GB593&q=RNIB++FRDGE+DOOR+ALARMS
    Best of luck
    jimbo

3. nitram

nitram Registered User

Apr 6, 2011
    Male
    North Manchester
  4. mrjelly

mrjelly Registered User

Jul 23, 2012
    West Sussex
    It would also probably help to tilt the fridge back a bit more, so the door has a greater tendency to close by itself. Most fridges have adjustable front feet, or you could insert a strip of wood or some other spacer.

Probably a 2 person job to make sure you don't flatten your fingers!

5. sford91

sford91 Registered User

Nov 4, 2015
    Thankyou for your replies. I am hoping mums new fridge ( in the new house) has an alarm as its built in but these links are useful thanks alot

6. pharmacystudent

pharmacystudent Registered User

Feb 8, 2016
    very interesting. I've seen products that have this function at the hospital. It would be great to implement something similar at someone's home refrigerator.