Fresh Peas from my garden

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi all,
As you know i love being my garden. It is only the last 4 or 5 years that i have become so addicted to it. I feel closed to Bryan out here as well. I grow all my vegetables and flowers in pots as i only have 2 flower borders that are full of shrubs and flowers that stay there all the time.
This year for the first time i decided i would try my hand at:confused: peas. Not many germinated and i gave maxine some of my plants. But today i have picked 12 pods that were fat enough. I have about a tablespoon of peas that i am going to have for my dinner soon with other of course, But i am so pleased. My only regret is that i cannot tell Bryan. I did go up to his grave this morning anf told him i was going to pick them. Also have told my son, sister, maxine and also luke - my 11 year old grandson who has just become the proud owner of his first mobile phone. And bless him he has text me and also rang a while ago. But it just is not the same. When i picked my first strawberries the other day i felt the same too.
Life is just not fair.
Love and hugs Muriel x

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
It is a bittersweet feeling, isn't it, Muriel? Your garden sounds wonderful - have you posted photos recently that I may have missed? I love looking at gardens but am a mediocre gardener, and that's on a good day. :)

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
I'm impressed! I'm a bit of a disaster in the garden! Bryan would be proud of you. xx

muriel.elliott

Aug 21, 2010
Berkshire
Hi Joanne,
I am afraid i might be good in the garden but when it comes to putting photos on here i am rubbi sh! I have tried many times to put some on of my great grandson - Spencer but fail miserably. Any advice for a complete idiot on the computer would be appreciated. The only excuse i can offer is that 5 years ago i could not even turn one on!
Love and hugs Muriel xx