Free holidays - many TP'ers could be eligible if you read below.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Have just seen this posted :

Thanks to £2 million of Big Lottery Fund money, Papworth Trust are currently offering free respite holidays for disabled people and their families. You can apply for a break if you live in the UK and you, or someone in your family, is disabled. The break includes free self-catering accommodation and travel expenses up to £150. To find out exactly what’s included and to apply visit

http://www.papworth.org.uk/kerryfarm/apply/

Thought it might be useful to some TP'ers. They reference "disability" in relation to the terms used by the Equality Act which are:

(1)A person (P) has a disability if—

(a)P has a physical or mental impairment, and

(b)the impairment has a substantial and long-term adverse effect on P's ability to carry out normal day-to-day activities.

Celia
x

DozyDoris

Jan 27, 2009
Suffolk
Having just read the page I think this is aimed at families as in families with children to enable them to have the freedom to enjoy time as a family that includes young children and who all live together and would otherwise find it hard to have a family break.

CeliaW

Jan 29, 2009
Hampshire
Yes, I agree it mentions families but not only does it not exclude those who are older, there are people on here who care for someone with dementia AND have a young family. Their caring responsibilities mean they cant take a normal break. I hope people might look at it in a wider sense and still consider applying.

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
It looks interesting. As we can still do holidays I don't think it would be appropriate to apply but I'm sure it would be very helpful for many. x