Free carer tickets to events

White Rose

Nov 4, 2018
Hello All - you may know this already but I've recently found out that Carers can go free to events (UK) if they provide appropriate documentation when booking, such as confirmation of receipt of Attendance Allowance. Maybe your PWD is beyond going to events now but if not it is well worth it - we have managed a Christmas concert and a day at the races so far.

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
I also found that entrance to many tourist attractions are either cheaper or free to carers - but it is not always publicised and you need to ask.
We went to see the 'Mary Rose' and I asked for carers discount - I just had to show my carers card.
National Trust allows carers in free with someone who is a member. It's nice to be able to go and sit in the gardens if PWD is not interested in looking around property

Always ask is my motto !

Rosserk

Jul 9, 2019
I also found that entrance to many tourist attractions are either cheaper or free to carers - but it is not always publicised and you need to ask.
We went to see the 'Mary Rose' and I asked for carers discount - I just had to show my carers card.
National Trust allows carers in free with someone who is a member. It's nice to be able to go and sit in the gardens if PWD is not interested in looking around property

Always ask is my motto !
Carers card? Where do we get them from?

maryjoan

Mar 25, 2017
South of the Border
Hi @Rosserk and @canary

Yes, @nae sporran is correct. The card I used was my Carers Emergency Card which was allocated to me by Devon CC. The National Trust accepted it, as did Mary Rose, and other tourist attractions. At the Mary Rose, I paid the pensioners ticket for OH and I was free, saving, if I remember correctly about £18/£20.

With the NT - I signed OH up with a monthly payment of just over £5, and he got his ticket in the post, along with a carers ticket which can be used by anyone who is with him, not only me. We live in an area where there are a good number of NT properties, so well worth doing.

It is always worth asking, because they do not always advertise these concessions onsite.

Linda G

Oct 23, 2017
Carers card? Where do we get them from?
You just have to show proof of Attendance Allowance (I always carry a copy letter with me). I was told to always ask if they give a discount for carers and I have got in free at many attractions and a reduced rate at theatres. A CEA card costing £10 a year gets the carer in free.