Fred now

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Dear Verity sending you lots of ((((HUGS)))) hope Fred will miss you when you are away, l am sure deep down he loves you very much.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Just to let you know that Fred seemed a bit happier this morning so will go on holiday with a lighter heart. T told me that although his initial reaction to me was NO NO NO, his eyes followed me as I went to get him a drink and then to find Baby. He certainly seemed more content when he woke properly. So I live in hope that he may be pleased to see me next week when I get back. Thank you all for caring. xxx

beverrino

Jan 12, 2015
A huge hug from me too xx Enjoy your holiday and as the infection passes I am sure he will be happy to see you on your return. Try and relax and enjoy some 'me' time xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Just to let you know that Fred seemed a bit happier this morning so will go on holiday with a lighter heart. T told me that although his initial reaction to me was NO NO NO, his eyes followed me as I went to get him a drink and then to find Baby. He certainly seemed more content when he woke properly. So I live in hope that he may be pleased to see me next week when I get back. Thank you all for caring. xxx

That's lovely Verity and hopefully lifts your spirits a little . Hug from me too xxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside

I'm so pleased for you. Hope you have a lovely holiday xx

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
So happy you have this little bit of positive before you go on holiday Verity. It will do you good to get away and have a change, and that will help you to carry on being strong for Fred. Hope he continues to improve and has forgotten his grumpiness when you get back. Lots of love
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Hope you have a very enjoyable holiday you deserve it. xxxxxxxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden

Have just read that Fred seemed a bit brighter, just hold this to your heart Verity and go away for your holiday and enjoy it. Remember it is not Fred it is the disease that is talking. Huge hugs and love xxxxxxxxxxx

June the spoon

Oct 18, 2015
Hugs

Just starting a new thread here as we seem to be enterIng another stage in Fred's life. 3 weeks ago he had a flu injection which resulted in another chest Infection and I believe a sinus Infection too, although he couldn't tell us but the signs were there and he aIways suffered badly with them. Since that time he has reverted to not wanting me near. Although talking to his carers and 'baby' I am totally rejected. T, his lovely team leader, tells me that this last infection has really knocked him for six and that he will recover in time, but will he? His speech is so much worse and, although I understand, his renewed rejection after so many months of lovely visits, is hurtful and I'm in bit of a bad place again. Sorry to whInge but that's why I'm not postIng so often. Am off on a week's holiday with a widowed friend next week so really have to brighten myself up as I don't want to spoil it for her with my worry about my loved one. Can I have a hug please. Thanks for listening. Xx

Oh you poor thing, lots of hugs coming your way, have a lovely holiday x

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
How nice you have a positive in your mind before your holiday.

Merry Christmas. x

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Verity had her hip op at the end of November and is recovering well. :) Unfortunately, she can't drive until Mid January, so won't get a Christmas Day visit to Fred, as she'd have to rely on lifts from friends.
Speedy recovery to speediness, Verity!

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Verity hope you're on the mend from your hip op and that Fred also improves and can accept you being with him again. Happy Christmas. xxxxx

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Have been thinking a lot about you Verity and hoping you are recovering from your hip operation. It takes time, and being ruthless making yourself do the exercises even when it is the last thing you feel like doing. It was also 3months before I was allowed to drive. But that was a while ago and Henry at home in earlier stages of dementia. Good luck.

I hope once you can visit Fred again that you find he has improved and can get back to good visits as before. At least that he does accept you. Awful for you unable to visit but dementia is a strange condition and it is amazing how it can go from bad to better concerning state of mind, moods.

Looking forward to reading your news, when you are ready to come on TP.

I hope Christmas is a good as it can be for you.

Much love
Loo xx