Fred now

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Just starting a new thread here as we seem to be enterIng another stage in Fred's life. 3 weeks ago he had a flu injection which resulted in another chest Infection and I believe a sinus Infection too, although he couldn't tell us but the signs were there and he aIways suffered badly with them. Since that time he has reverted to not wanting me near. Although talking to his carers and 'baby' I am totally rejected. T, his lovely team leader, tells me that this last infection has really knocked him for six and that he will recover in time, but will he? His speech is so much worse and, although I understand, his renewed rejection after so many months of lovely visits, is hurtful and I'm in bit of a bad place again. Sorry to whInge but that's why I'm not postIng so often. Am off on a week's holiday with a widowed friend next week so really have to brighten myself up as I don't want to spoil it for her with my worry about my loved one. Can I have a hug please. Thanks for listening. Xx

Last edited:

Cat27

Feb 27, 2015
Merseyside
Oh Verity I'm so sorry things have changed.
You can have lots of love & hugs from me & hope that things flip back again xx

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Verity you are certainly not having a whinge. It must be very sad and hurtful for you, now wonder you feel as you do. No matter how much we understand that this is the disease, not the person, it does hurt deep down.

I do hope that you and your friend have a good holiday. I'm sure you will be a great support to each other. x

bemused1

Mar 4, 2012
Loads of hugs for you verity. Hope your break will help cheer you up. I feel your friend will understand things are hard. Dreaded infections wreak havoc

Saffie

Mar 26, 2011
Near Southampton
Heres a big hug from me.
I hope that you enjhoy your break and that when you return Fred is delighted to see you again. xxx

Attachments

• images[9].jpg
    images[9].jpg
    10.3 KB · Views: 517

esmeralda

Nov 27, 2014
Devon
Verity, I'm so very sorry to hear about this downturn. It's having to grieve for your loss all over again. Not whingeing, just sharing with people who understand. Sending you loads of love and a huge (((((hug))))).
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I`m not surprised you’re feeling miserable Verity. These downturns are depressing and when you feel you have lost connection, its even more so.

I still get moods on TP when I find myself unable to post as positively as I would wish, or am unable to connect with the feelings of others as my own take priority.

It`s good to have somewhere to come to offload though. We can`t be expected to be Little Miss Sunshine all the time.

I do hope when Fred recovers from his infection he will once again know you as the person he loves.

Scarlett123

Apr 30, 2013
Essex
I'm so sorry to read of this latest situation, in the twists and turns that is Alzheimer's. Let's hope that Fred rallies round, that you have a lovely holiday, and that when you return, Fred will be pleased to see you.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I'd like to echo what Scarlett says, and just add that I hope you can relax on your holiday and really make the most of it. You know Fred is well cared for, and he will be improving from the infections day by day. xx

chick1962

Apr 3, 2014
near Folkestone
Oh Verity my heart goes out to you . It must hurt and make you sad , even though it's the illness talking . Do have a lovely time with your friend and hopefully Fred will be happy to see you again . Sending the biggest hug I can find topped with lots of love xxxxxxx

Sent from my iPhone using Talking Point

disi

Aug 4, 2014
Ex pat living in Sweden
Oh Verity, I am so sorry to read how things have changed for you. We al know its not Fred talking but this horrible disease, still not easy to come to terms with. I am sending you much love and a huge hug and hope you and your friend give comfort to each next week. xxxxxxxx

Loopiloo

May 10, 2010
Scotland
Oh Verity, I feel so sad for you, and yes it does hurt. But it can all change and change again and hopefully Fred will bounce back once this infection has cleared. Henry has often surprised me.

Enjoy your holiday with your friend and make the most of it.

A huge warm hug for you, my dear. Thinking of you.

With love Loo xxx

LYN T

Aug 30, 2012
Brixham Devon
Verity, I'm so sorry to read that Fred has had a downturn; it could be the infection. Pete was always 'different' when he had an infection but for quite some time he bounced back. I do hope you enjoy your holiday with your friend. You deserve a break.

Much love

Lyn T XX

thebes

Feb 10, 2014
London
Lots and lots of hugs from here, too. We all know in our heads that it is the AZ and the impact of infection that is behind these changes, it just doesn't stop it hurting and breaking our hearts again when thing suddenly turn negative.
I hope with all the others who have posted that our cyber hugs help your sore heart, that Fred returns to the lovely chap we have enjoyed seeing photos of, and that you get away and enjoy that break, xxxxxxx

Casbow

Sep 3, 2013
Colchester
truth24

Just starting a new thread here as we seem to be enterIng another stage in Fred's life. 3 weeks ago he had a flu injection which resulted in another chest Infection and I believe a sinus Infection too, although he couldn't tell us but the signs were there and he aIways suffered badly with them. Since that time he has reverted to not wanting me near. Although talking to his carers and 'baby' I am totally rejected. T, his lovely team leader, tells me that this last infection has really knocked him for six and that he will recover in time, but will he? His speech is so much worse and, although I understand, his renewed rejection after so many months of lovely visits, is hurtful and I'm in bit of a bad place again. Sorry to whInge but that's why I'm not postIng so often. Am off on a week's holiday with a widowed friend next week so really have to brighten myself up as I don't want to spoil it for her with my worry about my loved one. Can I have a hug please. Thanks for listening. Xx
A big hug from me and a big wish that you enjoy your break and Fred is better when you come home. This illness is so painful when the person we love and support turns on us. Good luckxxxx

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
Huge hug from me too, infections have such disastrous effects, hopefully Fred will recover some of his previous good humour and be pleased to see you, but if not then it's only the wretched disease to blame. Enjoy your holiday, you deserve a break (((((((((xxx)))))))))

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Slugsta

Aug 25, 2015
South coast of England
I don't know you, but I hope you will accept a (((hug))) from me too. It must be so much harder to bear this downturn when your Fred had been loving again recently. Here's hoping that you are able to have a lovely holiday and return to find Fred is his old, loving self again.

truth24

Oct 13, 2013
North Somerset
Thank you all for your hugs and good wishes. As you say, hopefully when I visit after the holiday he might be happy to see me again. Xx

polly1

Dec 8, 2011
Hampshire
I don't know you either but felt compelled to send you a virtual hug.
So sorry to hear about your loved one, Fred. What is it about this year's flu jab? I have heard of several people having severe adverse reactions. I wonder if it is because so many people succumbed to the flu last year, despite having the vaccine. Do try and enjoy your holiday.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharonmatthews1976