'Fraid I lost it today!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Be kinder to yourself Chuggalug - I found I knew swearwords on occasions that would have made my Father blush and he was in the Navy! I view losing it as being like the valve on a pressure cooker - if it didn't blow off steam every so often it would explode. I "lose it" regularly these days even though I am on my own - the smallest thing can make me let rip with a tirade of verbal abuse - fortunately my next door neighbours are both deaf! Hope today goes better for you.

Way I see it, WIFE, we're all better than that! We should be better than that! I actually don't like exploding, but I do. Often.

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
Well, if you've got this far along Chuggs, and only started swearing now.....! :D

Welcome to the potty-mouth club!:D

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
I wish I had, LadyA. I get very sick of it, quite honestly. How do I pack in bad habits? Wish I knew... :(

A very dear old friend of mine, very strictly brought up, and a devout christian never swore until after her son's tragic death. She told me she opened her fridge one day to find someone had put a milk carton in on its side, and it had leaked. She said she completely lost it! Grabbed the carton, threw it against the far wall of the kitchen, screaming "f*** it! f*** it! f *** it!" - and she said for a minute, she was terrified that having started, she wouldn't be able to stop screaming! But after a minute or two, she started crying, had a good cry, realising that she had lots to cry about, and felt a lot of relief.
I'll tell you something else Chuggalug. I live near a fishing village. Fishermen have tough lives. They don't tend to talk nicely! They swear - indeed they do! It's not even really swearing with them - it's almost just a way of speaking! And do you think a bunch of fishermen from Galilee were much different? I think they spoke the way the common people around them spoke. So chin up girl!

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
A very dear old friend of mine, very strictly brought up, and a devout christian never swore until after her son's tragic death. She told me she opened her fridge one day to find someone had put a milk carton in on its side, and it had leaked. She said she completely lost it! Grabbed the carton, threw it against the far wall of the kitchen, screaming "f*** it! f*** it! f *** it!" - and she said for a minute, she was terrified that having started, she wouldn't be able to stop screaming! But after a minute or two, she started crying, had a good cry, realising that she had lots to cry about, and felt a lot of relief.
I'll tell you something else Chuggalug. I live near a fishing village. Fishermen have tough lives. They don't tend to talk nicely! They swear - indeed they do! It's not even really swearing with them - it's almost just a way of speaking! And do you think a bunch of fishermen from Galilee were much different? I think they spoke the way the common people around them spoke. So chin up girl!

"Almost just a way of speaking"! Yes, my hubby used to say that about the Gallilee fishermen! He'd swear, in our early years, but if I ever did, wow, the roof would cave in. My Dad was the same. Talk about forked tongues, hahaha!

It's still not good, but I appreciate your wise words, LadyA :)

On a better note, I finally got around to playing some old records just a few minutes ago. That was lovely. :) Very relaxing, even though I have to hover over the turntable to change 'em! ;)

I was a big kid again for a few minutes. Now iTunes takes the reins again. I'm reminded of those lyrics: "I'm wicked and I'm lazy", hahahahahaha

Anyone else like Isley Brothers?

LadyA

Oct 19, 2009
Ireland
"Almost just a way of speaking"! Yes, my hubby used to say that about the Gallilee fishermen! He'd swear, in our early years, but if I ever did, wow, the roof would cave in. My Dad was the same. Talk about forked tongues, hahaha!

It's still not good, but I appreciate your wise words, LadyA :)

On a better note, I finally got around to playing some old records just a few minutes ago. That was lovely. :) Very relaxing, even though I have to hover over the turntable to change 'em! ;)

I was a big kid again for a few minutes. Now iTunes takes the reins again. I'm reminded of those lyrics: "I'm wicked and I'm lazy", hahahahahaha

Anyone else like Isley Brothers?

Classic jazz for me, all the way - Louis Armstrong, and all the great ladies of Jazz - Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, etc. Although now and then, I have to admit to liking "easy listening" stuff too (I confess! I like a little Michael Buble!). And at times a little R & B, swing (original - Glen Miller etc.), and Bob Marley! Depends on the mood and what I'm doing! :D

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Classic jazz for me, all the way - Louis Armstrong, and all the great ladies of Jazz - Ella Fitzgerald, Sarah Vaughan, etc. Although now and then, I have to admit to liking "easy listening" stuff too (I confess! I like a little Michael Buble!). And at times a little R & B, swing (original - Glen Miller etc.), and Bob Marley! Depends on the mood and what I'm doing! :D

Oh well, you know what? Ain't nothin' wrong wiv that. Jazz is good. Now you've done it, LadyA. I was thinkin' of getting an album or two in this genre. Stuff I've got saved, A----N won't have no moosic left!

Yasmine

Apr 9, 2015
Hey Everyone!

Bit of a while since I said anything here, 'cept for jumping on Chick's Positives thread, which I love visiting, now.

Ya might remember the hoo-hah I was having with the cat being filthy just about everywhere. A few of you know he recently died, (the cat, that is). So I'm busy putting our living room back together.

A pair of faithful friends visited yesterday for about an hour, with which I was helped to drag out the unusable sofa. That was amazing as it would have cost a fortune to ask someone, perhaps a Handyman, to come and help me rid the room of the thing. Still have to get it shifted from the garden, but hey, that's another story. Meanwhile, tried to fill yet another bean bag to take the place of the sofa. We all know what happened there. Yup, a room full of beads.

Naturally, his nibs has to come through while I was in a lather and add his tu'penny worth!

'Fraid I answered with a coupla bleep words! There ain't no mercy with this dreadful disease.

Now me back's broke, and I've still loads more to do! Hope you're all doing better'n me, haha! :D:D:D

Don't worry about it, it happens to me all the time. Maybe you should consider getting a bird. A lot easier to take care of...

Jinx

Mar 13, 2014
Pontypool
If only they sold patience in tablet form.... I have endless patience with my grandchildren but frequently lose it with OH bless him, he really doesn't deserve it but putting his feet on the ground when I'm pushing him in he wheelchair really gets me going!! Massive hugs and sympathy to everyone. x

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Trisha4

Jan 16, 2014
Yorkshire
Oh Jinx we all have different frustrations that push our buttons. Hugs from me

pamann

Oct 28, 2013
Kent
Oh dear Jinx our problems are endless, my hubby has been rambling on all day about joining David Cameron in the government, but he doesn't think he is up to it, l here this all day and everyday driving me mad, thinking of you with the wheelchair

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
Don't worry about it, it happens to me all the time. Maybe you should consider getting a bird. A lot easier to take care of...

You're joking, right? Bwahahahahaha!

Happier today. Getting things done that need doing. Gotta fix a curtain sometime today. Gotta go n get the thing first. Anuvver trip to town. Walked myself into non-movement mode almost, yesterday. Got some new shoes out of that, tho'! :)

Chuggalug

Mar 24, 2014
Norfolk
If only they sold patience in tablet form.... I have endless patience with my grandchildren but frequently lose it with OH bless him, he really doesn't deserve it but putting his feet on the ground when I'm pushing him in he wheelchair really gets me going!! Massive hugs and sympathy to everyone. x

Jinx, that would throw me right off kilter. How do you cope?