fractured hip

rummy

Jul 15, 2005
Oklahoma,USA
It has been ove 3 weeks since my Mom fractured her hip. She is immoble and running fever off and on. She is coming to the end of this long jouney. She is in relatively little pain and just smiles and talks to who we have come to call "the others", passed loved ones that only she can see. She will look about the room, chat and then start laughing at what, only she knows. I am sure "the others" are telling jokes, probably about me!
Mom has to be fed and I try to be there to do it at lunch time. Yesterday she looked at me and said, "I am going to be ok and you do not have to worry about me."
This is profound because Mom cannot put three words together and never makes sense anymore !
All in all,I know this could be much worse and feel blessed this is happening this way.
I will let you all know what happens.
Love, Debbie

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Debbie,
Although your mother has had so much to contend with it`s lovely to hear it isn`t affecting her and she is peaceful and happy. It must be of great relief to you too.
Take care xx

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Dear Debbie, so much for both you and mum to contend with.

This is profound because Mom cannot put three words together and never makes sense anymore !
All in all,I know this could be much worse and feel blessed this is happening this way.
Look at your own words, I am sure they will give you support.

Thank you for sharing and keeping us up to date.
Love n'hugs,

ishard

Jul 10, 2007
Isnt it odd how sometimes lucidity breaks through and its your mum talking again.

With my mum the treasured words were "I do know what you do for me Jackie and I thank you for it"

Those words have comforted me for the last year and will continue to do so as we battle forward. :)

Mameeskye

Aug 9, 2007
NZ
Hi Debbie

Whilst Mum has not broken her hip she, like your Mum, is approaching the end of her journey. Like you I try to visit when I can help by feeding her.

Her "Angels" keep her company too and she is, for the most part, happy.

I pray that it will remain so for us both.

((((hugs)))

Mameeskye

Dee

Mar 23, 2005
Shropshire
Dear Debbie

I am thinking of you at this time - your mums (and your) road has been so hard at times and I am so grateful for you both that she seems so peaceful now she is nearing the end. I am sure that you take great comfort from that.

take care

Dee

Canadian Joanne

Apr 8, 2005
Toronto, Canada
Dear Debbie,
Bless you for your serene and accepting state of mind. I am happy for your that your mother is in such good spirits and that she was able to come back from where she is to reassure you that she will be okay.
Much love,

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Dear Debbie

This has been such a long road for you all. I am thinking of you at this time.

Love

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dorarosa