Found wandering today

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Today got sent home from work has I was found to be wandering about- I was completely unaware I was doing this, this now happened a few times now , memory also is really poor and confusion of what i should be doing is another trouble , and also i found today I could not use a pen to write a report my hand did not want to responed , Worry this could be a sign of early dementia,

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
Today got sent home from work has I was found to be wandering about- I was completely unaware I was doing this, this now happened a few times now , memory also is really poor and confusion of what i should be doing is another trouble , and also i found today I could not use a pen to write a report my hand did not want to responed , Worry this could be a sign of early dementia,
Please see your GP. I don’t know how old you are, but there are other things that can cause symptoms like these. Even infections can cause this kind of confusion. Don’t just suffer in silence. Best wishes to you xx

RosettaT

Sep 9, 2018
Mid Lincs
Hi mikeb2 welcome to DTP.

I'm sorry to hear you are worried, tho' it is understandable. Please don't jump to conclusions, there are a number of things that can mimic dementia symptoms, vitamin deficiency, thyroid problems, side affect of meds, even stress are just a few. Please do get an appointment with your Doctor and ask for a check up and blood tests.

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Been told to stay off work until got answers and diagnosed they are worrried about my safety and other peopkes reactions.
is this common for sufferss still at work.
sorry about grammer if any cannot

canary

Feb 25, 2014
South coast
Your symptoms do not sound typical of dementia, but whatever it is it needs investigating. Please go and see your GP.

Sarasa

Volunteer Host
Apr 13, 2018
Nottinghamshire
I hope you get an appointment soon @mikeb2 as those symptoms do need investigating There are many things it 'could' be, but until you see your GP and get things moving you won't know. I your company's HR department any help, as they might be able to sort things out regarding appointments etc.

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
My husband Mikeb HAS been told by gp he got MCI -now going for test- he very worried now - very nervous

DreamsAreReal

Oct 17, 2015
My husband Mikeb HAS been told by gp he got MCI -now going for test- he very worried now - very nervous
I’m so glad he made the appointment and you’ll at least find out what you’re dealing with. Keep posting and reading here, if it helps. Best wishes and good luck to you both.

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Got to have blood test= is this similar to taking a full blood test and what do they look for

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Having blood test tomorrow and waiting for memory clinic now - what is the average time to wait for appointment for memory clinic ,
I now know how others think- told wife I ok, and dont want to attend -though wife is adamant i got to go

Shedrech

Dec 15, 2012
UK
hi @mikeb2
at the moment I think there may be a bit of a wait for a memory clinic appointment, so enjoy the summer, hopefully we'll get some more sunshine ... it's good that the blood test is being done

I appreciate it's a worry and a 'nuisance' in some ways ... I'm glad you are going to attend as it will help put your wife's mind at rest, which is always worth doing; she wants what is best for you both

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
When at GPs failed test miserably = at moment feel like I'm worrying about the smallest thing- even trying to do the online test so I can remember the questions for memory test I doing this repeatedly - Wonder am I only one who's doing this, ,

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Finding it really difficult to go into shops now ,just want to run , overwhelmed with everything going around me, is this another symptom,

HardToLetGo

Oct 10, 2020
Finding it really difficult to go into shops now ,just want to run , overwhelmed with everything going around me, is this another symptom,
H I don't know how early symptoms feel but wanted to send you support while you await a firm diagnosis and I hope you can access some helpful treatment whatever the cause is found to be, thinking of you both ?

mikeb2

May 17, 2022
Wondering how long is the wait for my husband to attend a memory clinic, he getting worse but keep blaming his recent TIA and telling people he is ok and it will pass

Jessbow

Mar 1, 2013
Midlands
I hope your GP is investigating other possible diagnosis- really doesnt seem typicl to me, and not typical symptoms- never heard of someone wanting to run but....... who knows.

Sending love whilst your investigations continue.