Found something to share

mrf94

Dec 17, 2014
huddersfield
11. Cranberries

Cranberries prevent bacteria from forming in the bladder, prostate and kidneys. It also deodorizes urine. They contain mannose, which is what helps to keep the entire urinary track from getting and infection. They also can help prevent kidney stones. They are antiviral and antibiotic. Because they are so sour, they need to be combined with either water, or another fruit to be palatable. I like to add apple or grape juices to the mix.

jen54

May 20, 2014
I was told this some years ago by my dr after suffering infections while pregnant- I get my mum raspberry and cranberry juice, that is really nice

Katrine

Jan 20, 2011
England
Cranberry juice or tablets are effective, I agree. Avoid if you are on Warfarin as it will affect your INR.

Lawson58

Aug 1, 2014
Victoria, Australia
Are dried cranberries just as effective or must they be fresh? I have a great recipe for muffins using them in the same way as sultanas and they are qu.kite delicious.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
A Google search revealed dried cranberries contain a lot of sugar and so does cranberry juice, unless you specify unsweetened concentrate.

So far, tablets seem the best bet.

Dusty78

Mar 30, 2014
West Midlands
You can also get cranberry powder which has higher concentration of active ingredient. Use this for Mom and last urine test was negative. Thanks.