Found new carer services

poppie

Feb 14, 2014
Hiya everyone - I've said before that if I found anything new I'd post it. Well I found on Facebook a place called "CarersWorld". They say they are new so don't have a website yet. I just went on Facebook and typed in carers - looking for groups to join and they were there but if you type in "CarersWorld" it will take you there. Their "about" page is what lists what they offer. Nice to see something new for us eh? Well at least I haven't heard of them - I might be a bit slow.

Poppie

SJill

Jul 21, 2014
Finding caters

Hiya everyone - I've said before that if I found anything new I'd post it. Well I found on Facebook a place called "CarersWorld". They say they are new so don't have a website yet. I just went on Facebook and typed in carers - looking for groups to join and they were there but if you type in "CarersWorld" it will take you there. Their "about" page is what lists what they offer. Nice to see something new for us eh? Well at least I haven't heard of them - I might be a bit slow.

Poppie

Hi anyone able to help me find a carer for my mum. She's been in nursing care fir the past 4 years and her quality of life is zero. I'm looking at returning her to her home and going for direct payments and employing a live in carer but how do I go about finding one. Ideally I'd not have agency fees as we have limited resources. Any suggestions will be very welcome. Sjill

Skybird

Oct 24, 2014
Following on from this thread, I wonder if anyone could point me in the right direction or recommend carers in the East of London. This is for my mum, who has had Alzheimer's for he last 5 years & had a stroke 4 weeks ago.Although she is still in hospital, she will be coming out poss in the next 3-4 weeks & my family and I would like a live in CARER poss. Someone we has experience of Alzheimer's or any nursing experience. I have looked at Admiral Nurses but don't appear to be any in my mums area. Any help /advice would be appreciated. X

Sent from my iPad using Talking Point

Varandas

Sep 2, 2013
Hampshire England
Looking for additional help

I am a full time carer and have been caring and looking after the same client for the past 3 and half years.
I used to be an accountant and changed career after my mother's AD and then followed up with other clients. I love what I do and only look forward for 'another day'.
Sadly the time has come to look for additional help looking after my present client (her family is not present as they all live in other countries) and I am looking for help in Hampshire or a Alzheimer's group around here.
Have approached a local 'care' agency however the experience they have is all to do with filling up the forms, papers, reports and charging the not yet earned fee.
Can anyone in this area suggest anything, please?
Thank you

Last edited: