Fork mashed food

wilf

Mar 19, 2014
Mum back with me after stay in hospital and now on "fork mashed food " diet to prevent aspiration. Sick of eating cottage pie and boil in the bag fish. Any ideas on alternative meals would be much appreciated.

nellbelles

Volunteer Host
Nov 6, 2008
leicester
Hope this might give you some ideas, I googled fork mashed diet and quite a number of links came up.

Last edited:

balloo

Sep 21, 2013
northamptonshire
Mum back with me after stay in hospital and now on "fork mashed food " diet to prevent aspiration. Sick of eating cottage pie and boil in the bag fish. Any ideas on alternative meals would be much appreciated.

cauliflower cheese home made fish cakes ,

Tin

May 18, 2014
UK
Steak and kidney pudding, not pie, pastry can be difficult to swallow. Mild Chicken curry is usually cooked with so much sauce and meat becomes very tender and easy to break up, rice would probably be ok as long as it has plenty of sauce. Smooth meat/liver pate, wrap in tin foil, heat and serve with cheese sauce/ mash potato/ carrot and swede mash.

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
Using a blender will help. My husband is on a pulved diet and can have sausage is blended into a soft mush so sausage and mash. You can do the same with chicken and gammon.

Last edited:

patsy56

Jan 14, 2015
Fife Scotland
Wiltshire farm foods do puree, but B is near enough on mash but he likes cottage pie and fish and tinned mince and tinned stew pulled is good and of course smash potato, it's me that wants a steak.

Sponge and custards...........

wilf

Mar 19, 2014
Thank you all for your advice. Now Mum back home she has been re assessed and the s.a.l.t. nurse has given the ok to return to a normal diet with caution.