For those dithering on respite!

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
In fact he told me last night that if I want a break I can have one...he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself...:eek:

Gigi, I hope that was meant to raise a smile? :rolleyes::)

BeckyJan, what I love about this thread is its reflection and selflessness in sharing. I guess - just coming from 'my own place' - I feel sometimes out of the 'melee' or the mainstream on TP now in that my personal caring responsibilities are over .....I am not caught up in the day to day worries and traumas - but being able to reflect on what has gone before and perhaps be able to process it in a different way (with the glorious gift of hindsight!!!) ..... it's so generous of members to share those reflections (in my case often admitting to mistakes :eek:) in the hope it helps some others not so far on their individual and unique journeys as each reaches a new stage or challenge ...

Well done, Karen, x

Helen33

Jul 20, 2008
Hello Gigi

I'm only just catching up and have just read right through this thread. Of all the things that stood out for me was this

I dither because we are having a difficult time at the moment..

I would never have thought of you as dithering! As an outsider looking in, I have seen you taking step after step in order to try to address these issues. I remember you being in a position of having very little imported help and bit by bit you have addressed each and every situation as best you can, including those of your mother and sons. My view of you is that you have been highly active and not 'dithering'. Indeed, you have been so active that you have now been granted Direct Payments "CONGRATULATIONS":)

I hope you don't mind me sharing my view of you.

Love and huge respect:)

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Hello Karen...

In fact he told me last night that if I want a break I can have one...he's perfectly capable of taking care of himself..

Gigi, I hope that was meant to raise a smile?

Sadly..no. There are very few smiles in our home at the moment.

it's so generous of members to share those reflections (in my case often admitting to mistakes ) in the hope it helps some others not so far on their individual and unique journeys as each reaches a new stage or challenge ...

But I do thank you for that statement...sharing and supporting with others is the mainstay of TP.

And Jan's thread has helped me to face my respite issues as a carer..for that I thank you, Jan...:)

Love xx

gigi

Nov 16, 2007
East Midlands
Sorry Helen...

I wasn't ignoring you.....it can take a while for me to type and post..depends on the amount of interruptions...

I hope you don't mind me sharing my view of you.
Of course I don't mind..Helen...:)

Especially as it's such a positive and upbeat view...:D It's interesting to hear how you "see me". I do actually see myself as a "not coping with this very well just now" person. Probably because Eric is changing yet again..and Direct Payments are another issue needing my attention. It's a bit like the Never Ending Story..

Thanks for your support...

Love xx

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lillian Magellan