For Gill W independent living commission_for_equality

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
I found this on a Link that IT Man ( Phil lift ).

then went to look at Human rights & on living independent living . good read on the elderly

when you downloaded read page 9

http://www.drc-gb.org/about_us/commission_for_equality_and_hu/independent_living_and_the_ceh.aspx

Independent Living and the CEHR
During the debates on the work of the Commission for Equality and Human Rights (the CEHR), the Government stated that the CEHR would be expected to continue the Disability Rights Commission’s work to promote independent living.

Download PDF executive summary

This paper is intended to be used as the basis for further discussion on how the Commission for Equality and Human Rights (the CEHR) might take forward the work to promote independent living and, in particular, ensure that disabled people have access to the services and support necessary to achieve independent living.

Download full report PDF

Gran's personal hygiene has gone out the window, yet we cannot have someone go in at some point during the week to help her get a bath. They stated quite clearly that Gran has "family that can do that." Both my mum and me suffer with serious spinal problems (I personally have 3 prolapsed discs waiting for surgery) but we are left to deal with it ourselves

Just thought it may be of interest to you ( and other ) because you mention this in another thread
They stated quite clearly that Gran has "family that can do that."

As I was quit shock to read that , so thought of you in what I read in page 9 , then pleaded to read that they are working to stop that happening. then wondering if you have some right under that law , so to show your Social worker to give you more support for your Gran in bathing , not excepting your mother and you to do it ?

Last edited:

Gill W

Jan 31, 2007
Co. Durham
Margarita,

You're a sweetheart, thank you, I'll take a look at that.

Gran went walkabout again last night. Despite having the alarm system fitted, she got as far as the sea front this time, which is about 5 miles from her house. She was in her slippers and it was chucking it down with rain. The police rang my mum at 11.25 to go up there and settle her down. The alarm had failed to trigger when she'd not gone back in after 2 minutes. An engineer was sent over today, to see what the fault was!!!! New equipment and it doesn't bloody work! Excuse my french!!!!

I'll have a read of the link, thanks, and get back to you.

Thank you for caring.

Gill
xx