For Alex

angela.robinson

Dec 27, 2004
A little early i know ,but as i will be away ,just wanted to wish you ,
love and support and strenght, to get you through the ordeal of Rays anniversary next week. I know you are going through a very difficult time just now ,with your dads health as well to worry about .First anniversary are so painfull to get through , and for some can be a turning point , but for others i know it actually can hit you harder. i suspect this will be the case for you , but i hope with all my heart that you will start to see a way foward , i will be thinking of you Alex as i am sure all your virtual friends will be .
love .hugs and stuff.
catch up with you soon
ANGELA.XXX

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Dear Alex, I can`t think of anything clever to say but I wish you well and sincerely hope you will have the strength to carry you through this first anniversary.

With love xx

Skye

Aug 29, 2006
SW Scotland
Dear Alex

My thoughts are with you as you approach your anniversary.

I know how much you've suffered, and I also know how hard you've tried to move on -- and the progress you've made.

Next Monday will be hard for you. Just try to remember how far you've come; also remember that this will be the last of the 'firsts'. It will start to get easier, I promise.

My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

Love and hugs,

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Alex … well not sure which button this is pressing :rolleyes: so forgive me if I get it wrong….

Tough, tough times ……. then and now ….

But all I can ask of you at this tough, tough time for you is to recognise and be proud of yourself for the impact and difference you have made on others ….. during your own grief ……. and how much that has been hugely welcomed, admired and appreciated and will never be forgotten …….. and maybe, someday … you will allow some of us to repay some of that selflessness????

Will be thinking of you ….. as you have done for so many others ……

Hugest hugs, hugest loves, Kaz, x

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Thank you Angela, Kaz, Sylvia, Hazel and Maria.

Its been such a tough year, not helped by my Dad being very ill at the moment and in the same hospital that Ray died in this time last year, it brought back a lot of old memories and feelings.
My life has changed soooo much over the last 12 months, but i must admit that my journey has been made much easier by the fantastic people on TP.............just wanted to say thank you so very much, don't know how i'd have coped without you all!

I'm sure Monday will be a tough day, so thanks again girls................. much, much love and appreciation for your support.

Love Alex x
P.S. Right button Kaz.....its the FIN (friend in need) button! ;)

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear Alex

Be strong honey

Ray knows what you've been through this last year(and more)

He's smiling down at you I'm sure and feeling so very proud of you....

Go with the flow hinney

Lots and lots of love

Wendy xxx

Grommit

Apr 26, 2006
Doncaster
Alex, hang on in there chuck. It's important to remember that you did everything you could and did your best for him while he was here. No one could ask more.

connie

Mar 7, 2004
Frinton-on-Sea
Alex, be proud of yourself, for coping with the past 12 months.

I know that, here on TP, we are proud to know you.

Love n'hugs,

Tina

May 19, 2006
Words of comfort are difficult to find for a day like this, Alex, but I hope you'll find a bit of cheer and comfort in knowing lots of people are thinking of you.

Much love,
Tina xx

dmc

Mar 13, 2006
hi alex

so sorry to hear your dad is ill, wishing him all the best for a quick recovery.
and sending you my good wishes hope monday is not too painfull for you.
donna x

Cate

Jul 2, 2006
Newport, Gwent
Hi Alex

What a journey you have had over this last year.

How you have endured the loss of your soul mate I just don’t know, but through it all you have been one remarkable lady, Ray is so very proud of you I have no doubt.

I sincerely hope that dad is making progress.

Here for you whenever you need a shoulder, and I am sending you one big massive hug.

Lots of love

Cate xxxx

Amy

Jan 4, 2006
Hiya Alex,
Just to say thinking of you - cos although Ray's anniversary is tomorrow, I know that you are conscious that it was a Sunday that he died on. Been looking back at one or two threads from 13 months ago. You said
yet when i look at him i feel nothing but pride and admiration for him, that he made it through so much.
I am sure that if there is another life after this, Ray is looking at you now, and saying the same of you.

The night he died you wrote
I am lucky because i have known and loved the Kindest, Wittiest, Charming, Handsome, Tender, Thoughtful, Strong, Caring man to have ever walked this planet and i am so, so, so lucky that he chose me! I am so proud of him, he is and always will be my hero and i hope to aspire to being just a fraction of the person he was.
I think those people who are fortunate enough to regard you as a friend know that you are already more than just a fraction of what Ray was.

And one of those tough nights in May I replied
I know this is all rather inadequate, but you have got friends here who you can shout at and cry with, when you need to. When it comes to it you have to work through your own pain and grief, but there is always someone here who will be alongside you in spirit.
What you are facing Alex is really tough, you sound to be doing brilliantly. Keep going, keep moving forward.
And that still feels the right thing to say tonight.

Take care.
Love Helen xx

alex

Apr 10, 2006
Thank you Connie, Helen, Cate, Donna, Tina, Grommit, Maggie Libby and last but never least, my little pal Wendy

Sunday and today have been so tough, i don't think i was as emotional as i felt today - even at the funeral , so it was lovely to sign in to TP tonight and read these lovely messages, i sooooo needed it, thank you, i'm really touched.

Went to the cemetery today with my friends and we sat on the grass next to the grave, it was lovely and warm and sunny............i was thinking back over the last year, and although i felt so very sad that i'd lost Ray, i've come to realise that i'm still lucky - because i've got such lovely friends.............thank you.

Love Alex x

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert F Smith