Food?

Margarita

Feb 17, 2006
london
If you do not give your mum a choice just gave it to her after complaining does she still eat it.

Do you actually see her eating? even if she does not like it ?

Kayla

May 14, 2006
Kent
I take my Mum a couple of bananas to eat, when I've just been shopping and she really enjoys them. She finds apples are a bit hard, unless they are cut up, which is a bit difficult in the NH. I took her some nectarines at the weekend, and these were easy and soft to eat, and the nurse said that she had no problems with the stone inside. I only take a little fruit at a time , just in case she eats it all at once!I saw the menu for Tuesday's meals, this afternoon, and there was a good range of choices, including fresh fruit and vegetables. The lunch and supper are both quite substantial meals and from the menu, seem to be sound, nuritionally.

road2nowhere

Aug 10, 2006
Caerphilly
www.imfo4u.co.uk
No longer with us . . .

Mum passed away 07/03/07 - peacefully, painlessly in her sleep. Thankfully I was with her during the night and apart from just over half an hour, right up to the moment that she went. She'd been in hospital for nearly four weeks (not Alzheimeir's related) and it was a blessed release at the end.

I would just like to thank those of you who took the trouble to advise me last year.

Take care all and best wishes

xxxxx

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
I'm so sorry for your loss. Just remember that TP is still here for you if you want to tak at any time.

Take care of yourself
Brenda

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
road2nowhere

I am so sorry to hear of the death of your mother and send my deepest sympathy and sincere condolences

Ashburton

Feb 19, 2007
I was actually going to post a similar topic. I suppose my mum certainly does not go hungry but I am worried in a way that she is maybe not eating a healthy diet. It is impossible to get my mum to eat things like cereals, chicken, meat, veg. She will eat cheese on toast, ham and cheese sandwiches, thankfully will eat wholemeal bread, scones, will still eat boiled eggs, tuna, biscuits,chocolate, orange juice,water,I can still get her to eat some fruits, and lately she will eat salmon. But I suppose am worried that I can't get her to eat healthier.

gerrie ley

Apr 10, 2006
bradford yorkshire
ignore

Hi roadto nowhere My wife is the same.She comes into the kitchen and says I dont like the smell what is it.She also says dont put much on my plate.I have had this for a number of years.I now just carry on I do say to her you may like it when you try it if you dont you can always have some toast. It works every time and I still put the same ammount on her plate and guess what she always eats it.You have to find a stock answer it helps you and your patient

Nell

Aug 9, 2005
Australia
Dear Road2nowhere,
I am so sorry for your loss, but so pleaed that your Mum's passing was peaceful. Please take time now to restore yourself after this bumpyroad. Thinking of you, Nell

pashandjas

Aug 26, 2006
eating problems

road2nowhere said:
Hi there! I am new to this board and am grateful to have found you all.

My Mum is in the early stages of Alzheiner's. Still living on her own, short term memory problems, etc. Apart from the loneliness, her main problem is mealtimes. It doesn't seem to matter what I cook or how I cook it, she doesn't like it: it smells funny, tastes funny, can't chew it.......... :(

I was wonderng if anyone else has had similar experiences and if you have any hints/suggestions/advice?

Thanks in advance

xx
my mother had the same problem we found out she didnt like eating alone now she will eat most of time the odd time we just put bits of different food on plate she seems to like that hubby went through same he is eating food he would not have before, i just put meals down for him i dont make a fuss as we all will eat when hungry hope this is some use pashandjas

jan.

Apr 19, 2006
Cheshire, UK.
Dear Road2nowhere,

So sorry to read of the loss of your mother. my thoughts are with you and your

family at this sad time.

Take care of yourself.

Jan.

Last edited:

mel

Apr 30, 2006
Sheffield
Dear Road2Nowhere
I'm sorry to hear about your mum
My own mum died 12th February and I too was lucky to be with her at the end.
I am sure now that she is whole again and I am so proud of her for putting up such a brave fight.
Take care
Love Wendy xx