Font sizes ....?

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Probs my PC - but have tried resizing 'Settings and Appearance' .... most of the site appears 'normal' size - but some signatures are 'screaming at me' - removed mine last night thinking it was a problem my end .....

Same with the main AS menu - all out of proportion to the menus and TP font size ...... (not touched the vino yet, honest!!!!)

Any ideas, anyone?

Love, K, x

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Are there similar problems with other web sites, or is it just TP?

My usual solution to everything is to close the computer down and reboot it. Seems to fix quite a lot of things. :)

Tender Face

Account Closed
Mar 14, 2006
NW England
Thanks Deborah! :D trouble is I get to the point I don't just shake it .... wanna throw it thru the nearest window ...... :eek: .... only cost me more replacing the double glazing than the PC!

Aine - it's weird ..... could it be my browser? ISP? (Technophobe here doesn't know an ISDN from a dot.com :eek: ) Just funny that some text with Talking Point seem 'standard' and others - including your signature just as an example - seem to have increased .... drop downs seem OK but text on main pages are magnified ...... having problems on some websites (incl As) but not others??????

No stress .... not important in the great scheme of things ...... just thought I'd ask..... ta for the help ......

Love, Karen, x

noelphobic

Feb 24, 2006
Liverpool
There is a function called something like 'system restore' where you can set a date and restore your pc to the condition it was in at that date. This has worked successfully for me in the past. I've got XP and if I click on 'start' one of the options it brings up is 'help and support'. The 3rd option is 'undo changes to your computer with system restore'. If you do the system restore and it doesn't help or makes things worse, then you can undo it. There may be other and/or better ways to fix it but this might be worth considering.

Have you also tried clicking on 'view' then looking at 'text size' to see whether this has been changed?

Brenda

Last edited:

Áine

Feb 22, 2006
sort of north east ish
Tender Face said:
Aine - it's weird ..... could it be my browser?

mmm .... now you mention it. my signature looks relatively small to me ....... but that's cos I resized it some weeks ago because it suddenly seemed huge :confused:
I think I've also had some strange things occasionally with getting different font, larger and bolder in menus ....... but just kind of put it down to stress ....... and beer :eek: