Flu

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
Mums in hospital with flu and a chest infection. We've managed to get her eating a bit and drinking (she had stopped both pre-admission) but she's so drowsy and unresponsive a lot of the time and looks so small in her bed and is in a single room being barrier nursed. She's had iv fluids and antibiotics and tamiflu.
Keeping fingers crossed she pulls through - her chest sounds rattley.

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
So frightening how quickly it can all change isn't it? Hopefully the apparently fast response by health will see her improving soon. Fingers, toes, the lot are crossed!

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Putting it mildly , it is so worrying when they are ill .
I hope the meds kick in quickly an mum is fully better soon.

janey106

Dec 10, 2013
Fairground

Thanks janey106
She was a bit perkier today and awake for more of my visit.

That sounds positive .... It's like being at the fairground isn't it this disease? You spend time on dodgems avoiding problems, roller-coaster with emotions up and down, feeling sick because you end up going round in circles like the waltzers and frightened when you enter a new tunnel and don't know where it's going. I hate fairgrounds!

MeganCat

Jan 29, 2013
South Wales
I agree, she's a bit less responsive again today, staring into space when her eyes are open. She has a pressure sore developing too, so they are trying to stem that. But did wake up enough to eat a couple pudding pots for me. I was trying to get her to hold the water cup, she could do that before she got the infection - they gave me a beaker for her. I recognise that I'm a worry head but I just feel a bit extra uneasy with it all. It's hard to know what part of deterioration is AD/VascD what's infection and what's flu and therefore what's reversible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sillymom23