Flu jab

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
I always had a flu jab from the start of my husband`s dementia , as his carer, which is when I was 63.

I`ve just had mine this morning and have to say how impressed I was with my GP`s organisation.

The jabs were to be given one every three minutes and outdoors. We were told to arrive on time wearing a mask and with short sleeves or sleeves ready rolled up.

I arrived a few minutes early but it was going like clockwork. There was a marquee behind the surgery with three practitioners administering the jabs. The ground was marked and we were directed where to go at every stage.

Melles Belles

Jul 4, 2017
South east
@Linzie I had a flu jab 2 weeks ago. I didn’t feel the needle at all and absolutely no side effects.
You really shouldn’t be discouraging people from having a vaccination when they are offered it. It is offered for a reason. Imagine catching COVID and flu at the same time.
Flu can kill up to 25,000 people in the UK each year. Those who die aren’t able to build up ‘natural immunity’.

jennifer1967

Mar 15, 2020
Southampton
@Linzie I had a flu jab 2 weeks ago. I didn’t feel the needle at all and absolutely no side effects.
You really shouldn’t be discouraging people from having a vaccination when they are offered it. It is offered for a reason. Imagine catching COVID and flu at the same time.
Flu can kill up to 25,000 people in the UK each year. Those who die aren’t able to build up ‘natural immunity’.
thank you @Melles Belles, i had my flu jab 10 days ago as well and the nurse confirm not live vaccine and couldnt catch flu from it. if my husband caught flu, he would have a very rough time of it or not recover at all. what he doesnt need is someone scaremongering about it so he might be put off having it. @Linzie please be careful in your comments,

jaymor

Jul 14, 2006
South Staffordshire
I had my flu jab 2 weeks ago given to me by my local pharmacist, I did the same last year. Given a time, seen on time and back home in less than 15 minutes.

Status
Not open for further replies.