Flu jab

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
I've been thinking about the flu jab for ages but never seem to get round to it, but today I had to go to our local chemist and was told they now have the jab in stock for the over 65, so before I could change my mind I agreed and went straight in and I was amazed when OH said he would have his, just as well it's been one of his better days.

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Well done! Good result for you both the flu season is just getting started
Thank you, I couldn't believe it when he said he would have it, he usually refuses and the last time he had a blood test he screamed the place down and because he wouldn't relax it took them 3 goes and it took 2 nurses luckily they realised he has dementia and were very kind.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Excellent news... so pleased you both have got it sorted. Better to be safe..
Thinking of you and sending love, B xx

Kevinl

Aug 24, 2013
Salford
I've done this a few times, I took my medication at the same time as my wife even though my medication was Tic Tac mints or vitamin pills, the nurse at the surgery played along and took a blood sample without a needle, swabbed and put a plaster on, the whole thing so my wife watched and then agreed to have hers done too.
K

jenniferjean

Apr 2, 2016
Basingstoke, Hampshire
We had such trouble getting ours organised at the surgery, spent 20 minutes queuing and then they ran out, that we ended up getting ours done at the chemist. We had to book it first, a couple of days ahead, and on the day we booked it, on the way home, my husband commented that his arm was aching with the injection, and he hadn't had it then.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
We had such trouble getting ours organised at the surgery, spent 20 minutes queuing and then they ran out, that we ended up getting ours done at the chemist. We had to book it first, a couple of days ahead, and on the day we booked it, on the way home, my husband commented that his arm was aching with the injection, and he hadn't had it then.
That made me smile.
I hope neither of you have had after effects.
My arm was hot painful and a lump.
My husband.... nothing! B x

PalSal

Dec 4, 2011
Pratteln Switzerland
We had ours at the local chemist a couple of weeks ago. I had to make a fuss because they have always given us our jab at the chemist. Our chemist was bought out by a bigger chain. They started fussing that they did not want to give me mine...because of my leukemia. So, my hematologist gave them a call, all well we got ours a couple of weeks ago. As we no longer have a car, it is important that the chemist provide full service. Pays to be pushy sometimes.

Sad Staffs

Jun 26, 2018
Isn’t it wrong that we carers have to become pushy for so much that should be provided as a human right?
Gosh, I’m on my high horse early this morning!
Love B x

Rosebush

Apr 2, 2018
Today OH has completely forgotten about his flu jab, I asked him how his arm felt as mine is aching and he just gave me a blank look as if I had gone mad, don't know why I was surprised really, it just reminds me how much worse he is getting. Lxx

AliceA

May 27, 2016
:)