• Expert Q&A: Rare dementias - Tues 3 March, 3-4pm

Our next expert Q&A will be on the topic of rare dementias. It will be hosted by Nikki and Seb from Rare Dementia Support. If you have any questions about rare dementias, they will be here to answer them on Tuesday 3 March between 3-4pm.

You can either post your question >here< or email them to us at talkingpoint@alzheimers.org.uk and we'll be happy to ask them on your behalf.

Flu infection

Bod

Aug 30, 2013
MiL had her Flu jab on Saturday, and since has had a reaction to it, she's got the shivers and feels a bit rough.
The question is, I know a bacterial infection, will have an effect on her mental well being, but will a viral infection have the same effect?

Bod

Last edited:

lin1

Jan 14, 2010
East Kent
Hello Bod
Sorry to hear MIL is feeling a bit rough. If it's a reaction to the flu jab, it hopefully won't last long, I felt rough a couple of days after mine , it only lasted a little over 24hrs.
I'm guessing MILs immune system is doing a fine job and working hard to destroy the already dead viruses in the flu jab .

Unfortunately any infection, viral or bacterial can affect the mental wellbeing of those with dementia.
I hope MIL much better soon.

Last edited: