Flatter than the flattest flatness this side of Jupiter. Need blowing up!

C

Chesca

Gawd, I'm on a massive downer: dejected, deflated, depressed, depraved and deprived not to mention daunted by the thought of another day of the same tomorrow: guilt trip without a roadmap and no idea of the geography.

Somebody blow me up, PLEASE: dynamite, to the vice squad, through the stratosphere, with a foot pump. Anything for a little variety.

Ooh, I'm lookin' for clues
Chesca

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear Chesca,

Take one teaspoon of Semtex, mix with boiling water and half a glass of Scotch. BOOM! Will that help a bit?

Probably not, but it might cheer you up a bit.

Jude xxx

Sheila

Oct 23, 2003
West Sussex
Chesca, I just had this flash of that bloke on Hitchhikers guide to the Galaxy when he explode, now come on, just think of the mess!! It's OK to feel like SH12 sometimes, who wouldn't in this situation, but it's only by the downs that we appreciate the ups, (does that make sense) I do think it's like a roller coaster ride though don't you, every day, every turn, not a clue if it's a tummy rush, tears or smiles. I really hope tomorrow is better for you, if not get on here and have a rant, it does you a power of good just to let off steam and we all understand and will try to send you strength. If you get a chance try to just find a little time for yourself even if you just go out in the garden take a few deep breaths and listen to the birds for a few minutes. Love She. XX

C

Chesca

Dwaarlings

Can't I have at least a 'bucket' of scotch? A 'glass' seems such a meagre morsel for such a dramatic gesture and the fallout is usually akin to that of Semtex so why bother with the added expense? I'll take mine neat - and so will the neighbourhood!

She, the mess, the mess! Why expend the energy cleaning up today what's going to explode tomorrow? I know, I know, misery most foul and furthermore..rant, rave! Will the next rollercoaster ride at Blackpool, or wherever they want to rip your guts from their stays, be called the 'Dementia Experience': up you go and up you go and up you go......etc. and whoopee down you crash and clean up your mess on the way down, jiffy mops free with every ride.

the birds around here cough

Apathetically yours
Whingeing blighter

Norman

Oct 9, 2003
Birmingham Hades
Chesca
hang in there you are one tough cookie.
You have the sea in your veins,well the Mersey,near enough.
Remember Chesca one day at a time,tomorrow will be better.
Have a trip to the pier head and see the ships,speak to you soon,shout if you need me
all thats best
Norman

Brucie

Jan 31, 2004
near London
Hi Cheska

I'm around on a slow connection again today...makes me realise that it IS worth paying for broadband for me! Having spent a couple of hours cleaning up the 140 messages plus yesterday I thought there's be 10-12 today, not the 50 odd I had!

Keep yourself going by immersing yourself in something diverting. I found that end-to-end Stargate episodes [I spent a fortune on the DVDs just to keep myself going at one point] worked for me, or just a couple of hours listening to Sinatra.

Alternatively, make a cocktail.

If you like vodka, try Harvey Wallbanger, Freddy Fudpucker or my own invention, the infamous Milky White Thigh [I named it that because I always sent Jan to ask what drink friends would like, when we used to entertain. I just liked her embarrassment at asking them if they'd like a Milky White Thigh... How DID she put up with me?]

If you like rum, then Sainsbury's pineapple and coconut juice and a stiff shot of a decent rum [don't touch Bacardi, that's for ponces who don't know real rum]

Gin and Tonic is of course always acceptable!

I never touch any form of Scotch. If I want medicine, then I will get ill first.

Take care
Best wishes from the person Nina calls "Badly dressed Git"

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Lower than a Lizard drinking...

Dear Chesca,

Good news and advice here from all. Do hope it helps out.

By the way, Brucie looked fine to me on Friday. I especially admired his pink sequinned jacket and matching boots. I think he was having one of his Elvis moments, in honour of Magic.

Jude

Izzy

Volunteer Moderator
Aug 31, 2003
Dundee
Oh Brucie - how could you? Scotch - medecine!? There's nothing like a good malt of an evening to clam your nerves!

Izzy

C

Chesca

Dear Norm of the fairies, BDG (Nina by Default) the Lizard, She of Beetlejuise and Izzy of the Malt

the end....I'm worn out

Pink sequinned jacket AND MATCHING shoes? That's called co-ordination around here.

Glorious Nina, Badly Dressed Git lives HERE- you cannot begin to imagine the crestfallen visage of my 'BDG' when I protested that I would not even venture to local rubbish dump accompanied by such an apparition: (orange/white gingham shorts, avec banjoed crotch, and blue/dark blue gingham shirt finished with clapped-out flippys well and truly flopped. Didn't know whether to play chess on his chest or simply use him as target practice! Hope you haven't just eaten supper!

What is wrong with it? he asked in a genuinely bemused tone. Our local farmer has just auditioned for a scarecrow, winner now gloriously in place, until we rode up for a cwt of spuds.

'Anna', I asked of Mrs Farmer, 'how goes the scaring of the crows?'.
'Bit hit and miss, between the crows and the stormy weather, who knows?' she replied. 'But if I'd have seen before what I've just seen out there feeding sugar lumps to Bongo (daughter's show jumping hope) we'd be quids in! All he needs is a pink sequinned jacket? '
'He's yours for a tenner', said I, deal done, and took myself off to the local liquor store to purchase a bottle of white thighs.

Norman, at the moment my veins are full of a cocktail of todays' recipes which, as nature will have it, will find their way back to the mersey. There's ale for dogs in Liverpool, today. Apparently we're quite famous for a bit of of a 'beat combo' - never mind a fabulous maritime history. Seems to count for precious little around here. What's a couple of ships when you've a barrel load of sh........?

I think you're all pretty bloody wonderful and I thank you for inflating me bubble.

Yours from the Priory
Chesca the (wasn't me your honour) drunk

Jude

Dec 11, 2003
Tully, Qld, Australia
Dear All,

Fancy not liking Scotch... Forsooth Bruce.... We Armstrong's aren't averse to the old slug now and again, especially to clam the nerves. Izzy, that's great! I really had to clam up and calm down yesterday before I eviscerated my father, which was getting to seem very appealing after a Long Weekend with a Full Moon attachment.

Fortunately the troops have arrived this morning! Hurray for that.

Jude