fixations

bethany2

Dec 16, 2015
How do I handle Dad's fixation on certain things. Sometimes his heating other times money?

poster

Dec 28, 2011
How do I handle Dad's fixation on certain things. Sometimes his heating other times money?

Hi I am glad you have asked this because my mum has become very fixated about my hair and I have posted about it. I do not know the answer but I have been told fixations will get better in time.

fizzie

Jul 20, 2011

Hi Bethany Welcome to TP
Is it possible that these two things are connected and that he is worrying about money? Sometimes my Ma used to get really fixated about money and I think it was because when she was young, and when I was young, money was really really tight and every ha'penny had to be counted. I think they go back in time and worry about the things that were really important at key times in their lives. I found the best way was to agree and reassure - and then distract! Often easier said than done but all the phases pass and something new pops up. I'm sure it is all based on past worries so I don't know if that helps really but my Ma definitely responded to kindly reassurance ....some of the time :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
IBTC