Fix Dementia Care: Scott and Val's stories

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
'The cost is just awful. It's costing me about £1,300 a month out of my savings, which will run out eventually.'

Dame Barbara Windsor, and her husband Scott Mitchell, have backed our campaign to #FixDementiaCare.

Now, to help raise awareness of the campaign, Scott has been speaking to Val - whose partner Ivana is living with dementia - about the challenges they've faced in getting the right care.

We still need more people to add their signatures to our open letter to the Prime Minister. So if you agree with Val that things need to change, please sign and share today:

Louise7

Volunteer Host
Mar 25, 2016
'The cost is just awful. It's costing me about £1,300 a month out of my savings, which will run out eventually.'

I've signed the letter but I hope that Val is aware that 'top up' fees aren't mandatory, and that the video doesn't make people worried that they'll be forced to pay for their partner's care out of their own savings.

HarrietD

Staff Member
Staff member
Apr 29, 2014
London
Thanks so much @Louise7 for supporting the campaign, it's much appreciated. Thanks for your feedback too - I understand your concerns. In the description below the video, there's a link to our website which has accurate and high-quality information about care home fees and paying for care. I hope this is helpful to people who are worried or unsure after watching the video.