Five STARS *****

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
Oh come to think of it, do you mean a rating on the forum? If so we don't really use them although you have the option, if you wish, to rate a thread (it's in the green command bar). If you mean in any other walk of life I have no idea. :)

jimbo 111

Jan 23, 2009
North Bucks
Five Stars*****

I refer specificaly to the five stars shown on the Tea Room posting of
Friends share my fab day and fab photos
jimbo 111

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No idea - as I said, we don't really use it.

Sorry to be such a useless individual over this but the reality is that while the software gives the option, it doesn't really "show" anything. Also, there's nothing to stop a given person rating their own threads highly, which would be sad (to require that sort of false recognition) but wouldn't be meaningful.

CaPattinson

May 19, 2010
West Yorks
A search for rating threads says one has an option to rate a thread but only once, then an average is taken. Can't remember it all. where/how to find an answer is by using SEARCH on green menu bar.

sleepless

Feb 19, 2010
The Sweet North
I suppose if you see a thread that you think it might be useful to re-visit, you could rate it 5-star, but can you then bring up all your 5-star rated threads?
(I'm thinking of my photo organiser, here. I take loads of photos on a holiday, but by rating just the best as 5-star, I can view just a good selection of each holiday, rather than the whole lot.)
This could be a quicker method than say, trying to locate a thread through the 'tagging' system?
Just a thought.

grove

Aug 24, 2010
North Yorkshire
Hi , Quick post as it is late ! ! ! 5 stars is it like a Vote from all on T P , ask one of the mods am sure Grannie G will tell you ! !;)

Take Care from Grove x x x

Grannie G

Volunteer Moderator
Apr 3, 2006
Kent
Go to Rate Thread at the top of this page. The drop down box tells you how to rate the Thread.
5 Stars Excellent
4 Stars Good
3 Stars Average
2 Stars Bad
1 Star Terrible.

jenniferpa

Jun 27, 2006
No, you'd be better to subscribe to the thread in that case. This is all about "estimate value" and mostly, one thread is as valuable as another.

Incidentally, I'm merging this thread and the one in the main forum, and then moving it into the Computer forum.