first time in hospital.

Barnsey

Jul 2, 2013
Cheshire
My mil has never been in hospital and had to be admitted last week needing an emergency operation on an aneurism on her brain that had a slight bleed. The first night awake when we visited was awful. My husband was almost in tears. She thought we had come to take her home. ( she lives with us.) When we said she had to stay she was awful, looking for somewhere else to live and all sorts. Has settled lots since then, in some ways too much! Sleeping all the time, not eating unless fed, not drinking enough......boredom is def setting in. She has been sat in chair the last couple of days and today got out of it for toilet and walked to the end of bed before any one realised. Must be a good sign! But have my family members saying to look into a residential home now just in case we can't care for her at home and that the hospital will just say she's coming home. But I thought if there was still issues they would come and assess the house whether adaptions needed and if so would stay at hospital until all done. If can't adapt would give a limit to find care somewhere suitable. Feel like we're being rushed into a decision when the final outcome still seems a couple of weeks away.

Quilty

Aug 28, 2014
GLASGOW
Think hard on what you can do

They will send her home without checking anything if you will take her so think hard about what you need to keep her safe and well.
Thinking of you
Quilty

Barnsey

Jul 2, 2013
Cheshire
They will send her home without checking anything if you will take her so think hard about what you need to keep her safe and well.
Thinking of you
Quilty

Thank you quilty for your honest answer. Maybe I'm a bit naive as to what to expect. The hospital have said they will assess her and see if much has changed from her base level before. Which is hard to assess as she is more confused because she not at home! So hard to judge what the right thing to do would be. Will see what the next couple of days bring.xx

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanpotts